UNHCR uses cash-based interventions to provide protection, assistance, and services to the most vulnerable. Cash helps the displaced meet a variety of needs, including access to food, water, healthcare, shelter, that allow them to build and support livelihoods.
UNHCR encourages those who have received the following SMS on their phone, to approach any of the following post offices to receive their cash assistance through iris scanner verification.
SMS: “Your case xxx will receive cash assistance from Egypt Post office through IRIS scan”
Iris-enabled Post Offices:
- October: El Hossary, Service complex (Mogamma El-khadamat), Seventh district, Distinct (Elmotamyez), Sixth district, Third district, First district-Zayed, Main October, Mina garden city
- Giza: Ard El Lewa, Kafr Tuhrmus, Madinet El Awqaf, Haram Central, El Maleka, Mohandssen, Giza First
- Downtown Cairo: Cairo Main Office
- South Cairo: Maadi
- East Cairo: Ain Shams, Zahraa Ain Shams, Martyr Abdel Moneim Riad, Qubaa east, New Nozha, Eighth district, Tenth district, Swiss project
- Katameya: Youth housing-Obour, Obour city, Obour Market, First settlement, Madinty, Orabi association, 10th of Ramadan, 6th neighborhood, 33th neighborhood, 9th neighborhood, 44th neighborhood
- Alexandria: El Mandara, El Montazah, Madinet Fisal, Alexandria Main, El Nokrashy, El Saray
- Borg El Arab: El agamy-betash, New Borg El arab, Hanoveel, Borg El-arab old, Free Zone
- Damietta: New Damietta, Faculty of commerce, New Damietta second, Mubarak housing
- Monofya: El Sadat city
- Dakahlia: Gamasa