Services for Migrants & Unregistered
IOM operates a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) for the Middle East and North Africa (RSC MENA) to conduct resettlement processing – free of charge – for the United States Refugee Admissions Programme in fifteen countries throughout the MENA region. You may contact the RSC MENA Egypt Processing site:
• Hotline number: 19472 or by email at [email protected]
In addition, IOM aims to bolster the well-being and protection of vulnerable migrants in Egypt through the provision of tailored assistance on a case-by-case basis to victims of trafficking, survivors of Gender-based violence, and other vulnerable groups including:
• Asylum-seekers awaiting registration appointments with UNHCR (white paper holders).
• Migrants who do not intend to register with the UNHCR, or had their UNHCR files closed, and have been living in Egypt for at least 6 months.
MPA provides two kinds of services:
• Localized Assistance: includes the following assistances based on the assessment of each case: socio-economic, housing, livelihood, legal, education, mental health & psychosocial support, non-food Items and medical assistance.
• Assisted Voluntary Return & Reintegration (AVRR): IOM provides the administrative and logistical support, including reintegration assistance, to migrants who decide to return voluntarily to their country of origin. The AVRR assistance cannot be provided to those who want to return to countries that are deemed unsafe.
Migrant Protection and Assistance Hotline: 010 3204 6064
Sunday to Thursday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
IOM Registration: 010 3339 8239
Sunday to Wednesday 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
IOM Inquiry Email: [email protected]
Sunday to Wednesday 1:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Report fraudulent activity: [email protected]
Sunday to Wednesday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM