What is Coursera for refugees?

Coursera is a free online platform that comprises various courses (business, marketing, language, programming, etc.) delivered by prestigious universities and other educational institutions around the world. A certificate is provided upon completion of any course. Coursera for Refugees | Transforming Lives Through Learning.

Who can apply?

  • Refugees, asylum seekers, and Egyptian youth who have an email address and minimal internet connection.
  • Refugees, asylum seekers, and Egyptians who can register and fill the application (link below) and have access to our community Learning Centers in Maadi and Nasr City.

We are currently opening this call for only 200 refugees, asylum seekers, and Egyptians youth between the age of 18-35 years old, on a first come first serve basis.

Can courses be taken in other languages than English?

Courses can be subtitled to Arabic; however, exams and most courses are being taught in English.

Do refugees need access to internet to access the courses?

  • Internet is required only to download the course: once you have it downloaded; you can complete it offline. Since there is a Coursera app, cell phone or tablets are enough to attend, laptops are not required.
  • Also, you can access the learning resources through UNHCR/TDH community learning centers in Maadi and Nasr City if you are selected.

How can I enroll?

Fill the application form in the below link, and you will receive a call back from us if you are selected:

Contact Numbers in case you have any questions:

Community Learning Center in Maadi: 01028411101 – Community Learning Center in Nasr City: 01033680393