UNHCR and its child protection partner, Danish Refugee Council (DRC), are providing child protection case management in Kakuma and Kalobeyei. You can report child protection concerns to DRC or you can contact UNHCR directly.
- 0800720414 (DRC, toll free, 24 hours)
DRC Field Offices in Kakuma:
- Kakuma 1, Z1&2 – Child Protection Field Office, next to UNHCR Field Post 1, opposite NRC field site
- Kakuma 1, Z3&4 – Child Protection Field Office, Social Service opposite Don Bosco
- Kakuma 2&3 – Furaha Center 2 near Greenlight Secondary School
- Kakuma 3 – Child Protection Field Office at the Reception Center for new arrivals
- Kakuma 4 – DRC Field Office near UNHCR Field Post 4 in K4Z2B8
- Kakuma 4 – Furaha Center 4, K4Z2B2
DRC Field Offices in Kalobeyei:
- Village 1 – Furaha Centre 1
- Village 1 – Child Protection Field Office at the Reception Center for new arrivals
- Village 2 – Furaha Centre 2
- Village 3 – CFS 3/DRC Women Empowerment Centre in N17
The child-friendly spaces (the Furaha Centers), managed by DRC, are currently closed for regular play activities due to COVID-19, however, some case management activities are still ongoing. Children have been playing outside the centers and partners have been engaging with them in adherence with physical distancing guidelines where they play.