RSD Processing takes place at the RAS Data and Processing Centre in Kakuma 4; The following activities are under undertaken:
- Since end of January 2021 RSD Interviews conducted have resumed and are conducted at the RAS Processing Centre in Kakuma on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Due to vandalism of the noticeboards in the camps, interview notices are not posted.
- Upon being scheduled for an RSD Interview, you will receive a call from RAS on your mobile phone notifying you of the date of interview. You will also receive a message on your mobile phone with the interview dates specified.
- Decision letters are issued on a weekly basis, every Friday.
- You will receive a call from RAS and an SMS on your mobile phone notifying you the date to collect your decision letter.
- Counselling on general RSD matters is also done every Friday, appointment is not necessary for this activity, walk ins are allowed.
- Persons with negative RSD decisions/rejection letters may submit their appeal application via the Refugee Appeals Board email address ([email protected]) within 30 days since issuance of a rejection letter.
- RCK helps with guidance on how to file and submit appeals. Please see here on how to contact RCK.