UNHCR continues to support the Government of Kenya and works with its legal project partner, the Refugee Consortium of Kenya (RCK), the judiciary and other state authorities to ensure access to administrative authorities and Courts as well access to legal assistance is granted to persons of concern(PoCs).
Response Services offered by RCK:
- Provision of legal advice, legal aid and representation in court.
- Monitoring of detention and arrests at police stations and border points
- Drafting of child custody orders and other legal briefs
- Advocacy and support in review of Bills/Laws/Regulations affecting asylum seekers and refugees
- Legal counselling and pre-trial briefing for SGBV survivors
- Provision of timely legal interventions for PoCs through continuous advocacy forums, legal trainings, etc.