The struggle and mobilization of the LGBTI community has resulted in important advances in recent years, such as the creation of the National Council for Combating Discrimination (CNCD / LGBT) and the recognition by the Supreme Court (STF) of stable same-sex unions. However, we still have many challenges to face to ensure full citizenship for all.
In cases of LGBTI-phobic violence, you can contact:
- the Human Rights Violation Hotline (dial: 100) or you can file a complaint through the site by filling out an online form;
- Any organization related to LGBTI rights;
- Go to a police station (there are stations that specialize in hate crimes, but you need to check the website of your state’s police station to find out where there is the one closest to you);
- Look for the Federal Public Defender’s Office.
- The National Association of Transvestites and Transsexuals (ANTRA) carried out the solidarity mapping, raising LGBTI + support initiatives in times of pandemic. Access here;
- Standard Operational Protocol of humanized assistance to the refugee and trans migrant and transvestite population in the city of São Paulo. Access here;
- MOPS – open access portal that gathers and organizes information on the availability of services, public facilities and social programs identified in municipalities, microregions and states in the country;
- Map of Community Networks and Services for LGBTQI+ Refugees and Migrants (in portuguese). Mapping carried out in partnership with the Rio de Janeiro organization LGBT+Movimento, identifying Community and Service Networks for LGBTQI+ Refugees and Migrants by state. It aims to strengthen the protection and local integration of the LGBTQI+ refugee and migrant population in these regions, seeking to map not only organizations and reference services for LGBTQI+ people, but also groups and community spaces that value the development of solidarity networks. View information regarding the status of Bahia, Espírito Santo, Minas Gerais, Paraná, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Sul, São Paulo and Santa Catarina.