Do you want to know the truth about crossing the Darien Gap?
The initiative seeks to provide a two-way communication channel and provide reliable information on the risks associated with crossings through the Darién. In addition, the page is designed to allow user participation, answering questions and comments.
It is important to note that crossing the Darien jungle is very dangerous and can put people’s lives at risk. The page aims to provide information so that refugees and migrants make informed decisions.
When you choose to cross the Darien Gap, you expose yourself to:
- High probabilities of suffering serious injuries due to dangerous and challenging terrain.
- Mosquito-borne diseases such as malaria, yellow fever, and dengue.
- Possibility of encountering armed groups.
- Risk of experiencing sexual abuse and other types of violence.
- Extreme weather conditions, such as heavy rain and high temperatures.