UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, created this website for and with refugees and asylum seekers in Brazil to provide reliable and useful information as to protection and local integration in the country.
On this website, you can find information about:
- How to apply for asylum in Brazil
- How to find shelter
- How to obtain documents
- Where to look for help and information about services available through NGOs and other organizations
- Your rights and duties in Brazil including access to education, work and health
- How to apply for family reunification in Brazil or for relatives living abroad
- How to obtain permanent residency or naturalization
- How to open a bank account
This website will be constantly updated.
If you have any suggestions, please let us know!