The Federal Police extended the deadline for renewal of documentation to March 15, 2022. Find out more about it!
Horizon Operation: the Federal Police/SP started an action to support refugees and migrants, who are exclusively in the city of São Paulo/SP, to schedule the regularization of their documents. For more information click here!
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, created this website for and with refugees and asylum seekers in Brazil to provide reliable and useful information as to protection and local integration in the country.
On this website, you can find information about:
- Coronavirus status information
- Traffic and border information during the pandemic period.
- The Refugee Entrepreneurs Platform for those who want to undertake or are already entrepreneurs.
- How to apply for refuge in Brazil
- Where to find shelter
- How to obtain documents
- Where to look for help and information on services available through NGOs and other partner organizations
- Your rights and duties in Brazil, including access to education, work and health
- How to request family reunion for a relative living in Brazil or abroad
- How to obtain permanent residence or naturalize yourself
- How to open a bank account
This website will be constantly updated.
If you have any suggestions, please let us know!
ATTENTION: For questions related to donation, send an email to [email protected] or call 0800 878 1118.
For questions related to vacancies at UNHCR, visit: https://www.acnur.org/portugues/trabalhe-no-acnur/