Children and adolescents can be victims of physical or psychological abuse, such as beating, sexual abuse, humiliation and intimidation. Abuse can also be the result of carelessness, abandonment or negligence. Furthermore, child labor is one of the most common violations of children’s rights, which is not permissible under any circumstances.
Report any form of violence against children and adolescents.
- Human Rights Violations Hotline: 100
* In addition to the number 100, you can file a complaint through the site by filling out an online form.
- Crime Reporting Hotline: 181
- MOPS – open access portal that gathers and organizes information on the availability of services, public facilities and social programs identified in municipalities, microregions and states in the country.
- Federal Public Defender’s Office. To find out which one is closest to you, access here.
- Public Defender of the State. Consult in your state where the DPE is closest to you.
- Childhood and Youth Courts. Consult in your state where the Vara closest to you is.
For more information, please refer to the “Estatuto da Criança e do Adolescente” (Statue of Children and Adolescents) or the section on safety.