What is fraud?
Fraud is any act with the objective of intentionally misleading another in order to obtain a benefit.
All UNHCR services are free of charge. Do not trust anyone or any organization asking you to pay for the services of UNHCR or its partners. If money or any other form of favours, including of a sexual nature, is requested from you, you should report it to UNHCR and/or the nearest police station immediately.
Be aware that any UNHCR services offered to you in exchange for money are fraudulent. For genuine information about UNHCR Türkiye work and services, please consult UNHCR’s official websites and/or the Facebook page, which are listed below.
Report fraudsters who are offering you resettlement, financial or other kinds of assistance, fake documents or fake claims in exchange for money or other favours. These offers may be made to you in person or via social media, including Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Viber and Telegram.
People who tell you such lies are seeking to take advantage of your situation. Avoid them at all costs. They may show you information to persuade you that they are connected to UNHCR. Do not believe them. Those persons are only after your money. Be alert and don’t get defrauded. Remember, UNHCR services are free of charge!
How do I complain about fraud?
- You can email your complaint petition to UNHCR Türkiye at [email protected].
- You can put your complaint in a Complaint Box. Complaints Boxes are available at the gate of the UNHCR Office in Ankara.
- You can submit your complaint in a sealed envelope to a UNHCR partner’s office in your satellite city, to be delivered to UNHCR by hand.
- You may contact the UNHCR Counselling Line at 444 48 68 to report it.
- You can send it to UNHCR by PO Box: PK: 5, 06550 Çankaya/Ankara.
- UNHCR takes seriously all complaints and follows up on each individually.
- Please note that filing a complaint will not in any way impact your case with UNHCR.
- Complaints may be anonymous.
- In your complaint, please provide facts and evidence known to you.
- All communication with UNHCR is kept confidential!
Fraud and corruption committed by UNHCR staff, or staff of UNHCR’s partners
What is corruption? It is offering, giving, receiving or soliciting (directly or indirectly) anything of value to influence improperly the actions of another party.
What is sexual exploitation? It is any actual or attempted abuse of any position of vulnerability, for sexual purposes. Sexual exploitation and abuse is unacceptable behaviour and prohibited for all United Nations and NGO partners’ staff members.
How do I complain about UNHCR staff?
If you have information about UNHCR staff, or staff of UNHCR partners or contractors, being involved in corruption, exploitation (including sexual exploitation), fraud, or sexual abuse report it immediately and directly to UNHCR’s Inspector-General’s Office (IGO) at its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Email: [email protected]
- Online complaint form: https://www.unhcr.org/igo-complaints.html
- Confidential fax: +41 22 739 7380
- Mail: UNHCR, 94 Rue de Montbrillant, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
All communication with the IGO is kept confidential.
UNHCR Türkiye official websites
UNHCR Türkiye official social media accounts