Due to the earthquakes that occurred on February 6, 2023, a state of emergency was declared in Adana, Adıyaman, Diyarbakır, Gaziantep, Hatay, Kahramanmaraş, Kilis, Malatya, Osmaniye, and Şanlıurfa.
If you are an international protection applicant, status holder, or temporary protection beneficiary and you have a pending lawsuit in the courts or one that you were planning to lodge, please be aware of the following information:
- If you are legally residing in one of the following provinces Adana, Adıyaman, Diyarbakır, Gaziantep, Hatay, Kahramanmaraş, Kilis, Malatya, Osmaniye, or Şanlıurfa, or if you were in one of these provinces during the earthquakes, although you are registered in another province; legal periods for cases that you have already lodged or will lodge across the country have been suspended until April 6, 2023.
- If your province of residence is not among these 10 provinces, but you have relatives by blood or in-law in these provinces, or if you went to these provinces to support rescue and damage recovery works; legal periods for cases that you have already lodged or will lodge across the country have been suspended until March 6, 2023.
- For deportation decisions that were given after February 6, the 7-day appeal period started as of March 7. The remaining time from 7-day appeal period against deportation decisions that were delivered before February 6, continued as of March 7.
For further information on the legal periods, suspension, and procedures please click here
The Turkish Ministry of Family and Social Services has launched an inquiry page on its website to provide information on unaccompanied and separated children.
Through the below link, users can search for these children through their foreign ID number or full name.”
Following the earthquake that took place in Kahramanmaraş on 06.02.2023 and affected 10 surrounding provinces, the following arrangements are in place for persons under international or temporary protection in terms of temporary travel to other provinces:
- Individuals under temporary protection and international protection applicants and status holders residing in Kahramanmaraş, Hatay, Gaziantep, Adıyaman, and Malatya provinces are allowed to travel to other cities without receiving a travel permit.
- Upon arrival to another province, individuals must approach the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management to receive a 60-day travel permit for that province.
- Individuals under temporary protection and international protection applicants and status holders residing in Adana, Osmaniye, Sanliurfa, Kilis, and Diyarbakir are required to approach PDMM in their provinces to apply for a travel permit prior to moving elsewhere.
For further information, please call YIMER 157.
Please be informed that due to the earthquake that took place in Pazarcık, Kahramanmaraş, and Elbistan surrounding provinces on February 6, 2023, and in order to ensure consistency in identification and burial services, the Ministry of Interior in coordination with the Ministry of Justice has issued a decree including the procedures to be followed by the relevant governorships and institutions/organizations:
1- An autopsy is to be carried out on the corpses by the Provincial or District Prosecutors’ Offices in the location.
2- The corpses will be delivered to the health or law enforcement officer with the building information, then transferred to the hospital. Information will be provided for an official report regarding the presence of the relatives of the deceased.
3- The corpses are to be identified through forensic examinations such as DNA tests, blood tests, and fingerprints. however, the funeral delivery is to be carried out when the corpses are unidentified by relatives or persons close to them.
4- the corpses, which could not be identified by forensic examination and thus could not be delivered to their relatives within 5 days will be buried in accordance with religious practices after running DNA tests, fingerprints, and photographs of the corpses. The location of the grave will be recorded in the official report.
Note: To avoid facing any problems with the bodies’ preservation, the corpses that could not be identified by relatives or forensic examination will be buried in accordance with religious practices by the joint evaluation of the public prosecutors’ office and the local authority 24 hours after carrying out the necessary tests.
Following the earthquake that took place in Kahramanmaraş on 06.02.2023 and affected 10 surrounding provinces, the following arrangements are in place for Syrians under temporary protection who wish to temporarily return to Syria:
- Syrians under temporary protection registered and residing in the earthquake affected provinces (Kahramanmaraş, Hatay, Gaziantep, Malatya, Kilis, Osmaniye, Diyarbakir, Adana, Adıyaman, Sanliurfa) can return to Syria temporarily.
- Syrians returning temporarily can stay in Syria for a period of maximum six months.
- Temporary returns to Syria commenced on 14 February. The deadline for re-entry to Turkiye is 15 September 2023.
- The temporary protection status of persons returning to Syria within this scope is not affected.
- Syrians under temporary protection residing in ten provinces affected by the earthquake can directly apply to the local authorities at the border gate where they will depart without a travel permit document obtained in the residence province.
- Syrians whose residence province was one of ten provinces, but they have departed to another province after the earthquake, they are required to apply to PDMM in that province to obtain a travel permit for the governorate of the border gate.
For further information, please call YIMER 157.
If there are unaccompanied children in the earthquake-affected areas, call the hotline 183, or contact the law enforcement authorities or the Regional Directorate of Family and Social Services officials
An earthquake occurred at 4.17 am on 6 February 2023 in Pazarcık district of Kahramanmaraş and the neighbor provinces were also affected by the earthquake. Within this period, in provinces listed below residence, IP and TP registration are closed and current appointments are postponed to a further date. Persons whose appointments have postponed will not be unjustly treated, the new appointment dates will be shared separately.
Provinces postponed residence permit appointment: Adana, Adıyaman, Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Diyarbakır, Mardin, Kahramanmaraş, Hatay, Osmaniye, Kilis, Malatya, Batman.
Provinces postponed IP application appointment: Adana, Mersin, Kayseri, Adıyaman, Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Diyarbakır, Mardin, Konya, Kahramanmaraş, Hatay, Osmaniye, Kilis
Provinces postponed TP application appointment: Adana, Mersin, Kayseri, Adıyaman, Gaziantep, Şanlıurda, Diyarbakır, Mardin, Konya, Kahramanmaraş, Hatay, Osmaniye, Kilis
If you are residing in one of the earthquake-affected areas and experiencing an emergency, please call 112 for medical interventions or AFAD emergency line at +90 535 045 61 81 in case you are trapped in a building and in need of rescue.
You may also contact the Foreigners Communication Center (YIMER 157) for help. The line is available in 7 Languages (Turkish, Arabic, Persian, English, Russian, German, and Pashto).
YİMER WhatsApp and Telegram service lines are active: on WhatsApp at +90 312 422 04 00 and on Telegram @Yimer157bot can be reached 7/24 in all emergencies.