As a refugee you have the following duties:
- Respect and abide by the laws of the country: It is your duty to respect and abide by the laws and regulations of Trinidad and Tobago and to contribute towards the maintenance of public order.
- Carry your identification: You must ensure that your UNHCR identification document is valid and that you carry it with you at ALL times.
- Carry the government-issued document permitting you to remain in Trinidad and Tobago at ALL times: Other authorities might ask you about it and may check with the Refugee Unit of the Immigration Division to verify your status in the country.
- You must inform LWC, UNHCR and the Immigration Division of any change of telephone number or address. It is of utmost importance that your details with the institutions that assist you are kept up-to-date.
- As a refugee, it is your responsibility to ensure that you do not travel to your country of origin. If you travel to your country without authorization, it may result in you losing your refugee status.