New to the country? Below you can find information related to your rights in Moldova. Learn how to access health services, how to enroll children in school, or how to access employment opportunities.
All children from Ukraine and other countries at war can enroll in Moldovan schools. They are not required to present any document related to legal status to do this. The documents they need to present are:
- Parent/guardian’s national ID
- Child’s national ID or birth certificate
- Child’s medical record (can be obtained in Moldova if the Ukrainian one is not available)
- Child’s schools records (electronic versions accepted too), if available. If they are not available, the Instruction outlines several procedures, according to the child’s age, to determine the grade they are placed in. The Instruction also outlines the procedures for children entering grades 10 and 12, in regards to exams.
- Parents can enroll their child by submitting a simple application form (link provided in Instruction) and the above documents to their local school. In case their local school does not have any available spaces, they should be referred to another school nearby which has space.
- Schools are also requested to facilitate access to online learning for any child who wishes to study the Ukrainian curriculum online, but in a school setting.
- Auditor status no longer exists. Students that were previously auditors can fully enroll in school (by following the above procedures) or choose to study online.
As a refugee in Moldova you have the right to work. ROBOTA is a platform that helps refugees to navigate the recruitment process and find employment opportunities.
By contacting ROBOTA, you will receive:
⁃ Full access to information about your labour rights and their protection in the Republic of Moldova.
⁃ Personal counselling to identify your skills, strengths, and weaknesses.
⁃ Assistance with reinstatement and preparation of documents.
⁃ Assistance in recruiting for jobs.
⁃ Assistance in preparing a CV and a motivation letter.
Contact ROBOTA for more information or to make an appointment:
- Call: 061142212 (legal advice) or 061142210 (career counselling)
- Write an email to: [email protected]
The project is implemented by the Centre for Policy, Initiatives and Research “Platforma”, National Congress of Ukrainians of Moldova, with the support of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) and The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR).
More information coming soon.