If YOU ARE HOSTING one or more refugees from Ukraine, you may be eligible to receive cash assistance that will compensate some of the expenses incurred.
You must also meet both of the following stipulations:
- The refugee(s) you are hosting are from Ukraine
- The refugee(s) have resided in your home for a minimum of one week
If you meet both stipulations above, you qualify to register for the programme!
The cash assistance intervention is managed by the World Food Programme (WFP) and its partner, World Vision International. The programme is coordinated with People In Need, Catholic Relief Services, UNHCR and the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection.
If you have questions or need more information, please call the WFP Hotline at: 0 800 108 90
How do I register?
STEP 1: To be considered, you must register on the national registration portal uahelp.md and follow the instructions correctly.
STEP 2: After you complete the registration form as a host, the site will issue a code (ticket number).
STEP 3: Provide this code to the refugee(s) you are hosting.
STEP 4: The refugees you are hosting are required to also register on the uahelp.md portal, using the same code you received.
The refugees will be required to provide basic information such as:
- National/International Ukrainian passport
- Ukrainian National identity card
- Refugee Registration number obtained from UNHCR
- Phone number
IN PERSON REGISTRATION:
If you are unable to register online, call WFP Hotline: 0 800 108 90 number to receive more information and support on how to register online
What happens next?
After successful registration, the information will be processed and verified to confirm your eligibility.
WFP staff or its partners may call and/or visit you at home to verify the information provided during registration.
Once verified, you will receive an SMS on your mobile phone alerting you on how and to collect your cash assistance.
What would be the amount of money I will receive?
The cash assistance differs based on the number of refugees you are hosting.
- If you are hosting between 1 and 4 refugees for at least 1 week, you will receive 3900 MDL(Lei)
- If hosting 5 refugees or more for at least 1 week, you will receive 4800 MDL (Lei)
Am I eligible for more rounds of cash assistance, if I host refugees for a longer period?
In this case you can participate in each round of cash-based assistance, as long as the refugees are at your place during the duration of that round.
Once registrations are open for every new round, you will receive a link through SMS to update the information on the refugees you host. After updating the form, the information will be processed and verified to confirm your eligibility. After your information is verified and if found eligible, you will receive an SMS on your mobile phone alerting you on how to collect your cash assistance.
Do I have to register for each round of cash assistance separately?
- If you have already registered through uahelp.md you do not have to register again.
- Once registrations are open for every new round, you will receive a link through SMS to update the information on the refugees you host.
- Your information can only be updated through the link you receive by SMS
- After updating the form, the information will be processed and verified to confirm your eligibility.
- After your information is verified and if you are found eligible, you will receive an SMS on your mobile phone alerting you on how to collect the cash assistance.
When are the other upcoming rounds of cash-based transfers expected to happen?
Seven rounds of cash-based transfers to Moldovan households hosting refugees have been completed. However, there is a next round available for which you can register or update your information:
For the hosting period: 01 of April 2023 – 31 of May 2023
Registration period: until 25 of June 2023
Payment dates: from 01 of July 2023 to 31 of July 2023
Is there some other information I should know?
- The assistance will be based on the period refugees were hosted and the number of refugees hosted.
- The assistance will be based on the date you register on the site or update your information on the site.
- Each round of cash assistance is provided on a bi-monthly basis.
The programme is possible thanks to the generosity of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office of UK; the German Federal Foreign Office; the Government of Korea; Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.