UNHCR and partners provide legal aid on various legal issues. This includes awareness raising sessions, legal counseling, legal assistance and legal representation. It is provided through legal helpdesks, mobile clinics and by conducting information sessions in refugee communities.
UNHCR and partners provide legal services for refugees, asylum-seekers and stateless persons covering the following thematics:
- Legal residency
- Civil documentation (Birth Registration, Marriage Registration and Death Registration)
- Labour law
- Housing, Land and Property
- Arbitrary detention
- Survivors of Gender Based Violence
- Child protection cases
- Domestic violence cases
- Confiscation of documents
- General violence and assault
For individual counselling and more detailed advice and support, please call the UNHCR National Call Center at 📞04726111, Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 17:00.
For legal residency, civil documentation and support for stateless people, please click the relevant icons.