Attention! All services and assistance of UNHCR and its partners are free of charge!
UNHCR, through our partner organizations, may be able to provide shelter assistance in the form of shelter kits, individual/community level rehabilitation and cash for rent.
1. Am I eligible for shelter assistance?⬇️
If you request shelter assistance, the conditions of your tent/apartment/site will be assessed.
If you fall into one of the categories listed below, you will be eligible to request an assessment.
- If you are living in informal settlements and your shelter is affected by damages, such as water leakage, damaged wooden columns and beams;
- If you are living in informal settlements and your shelter is affected by flooding, fire and other emergency incidents;
- If you are living in a house/apartment and your house/apartment is affected by damages, such as water leakage, damaged toilets, damaged windows/doors and other issues that require urgent repairs;
- If you are living in a house/apartment and you are evicted or under the threat of eviction.
If you meet one of the categories listed above, please contact the UNHCR National Call Center at 📞04726111.
2. What is an assessment?⬇️
The technical part of the assessment looks at the conditions of your tents/apartments/sites. UNHCR partners assess:
- In your tent: water leakage and damaged wooden structures
- In your house/apartment: Building structure, water leakage, damaged doors/windows, damaged toilets, bad installation or absence of electrical wires, etc.
- In your site: flooding and fire risks, etc.
Please note that completing the assessment does not mean that you will automatically receive shelter assistance. Eligibility is determined based on the results of the assessment.