Under Jordanian law, employers of non-Jordanian workers are legally required to obtain a work permit from the local Labour Directorate of the Ministry of Labour. Syrian refugees have access to work permits in select occupations.
For details and information on issuing work permits, labour rights and laws in Jordan, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page by clicking on this link.
Content of this page is updated whenever any changes occur or new decisions are issued.
Ministry of Labour Decisions on Open Sectors can be found here.
General Federation of Jordanian Trade Unions (GFJTU) Offices:
- Amman – Shmaisani, 28, Judge Iyas Street, first floor: 0796091915
- Zarqaa – Regional Cooperative Union, 8, Boulad Street, next to the Jordanian Women Union, first floor: 0779364299
- Mafraq – Municipality Street, Dar al Oud building, across from Ahli Bank, first floor: 0797587581
- Zaatari Camp – Office of Employment: 0772256316
- Irbid – Marj bin Amer Cooperative Association, Palestine Street: 0785349520
- Southern Region (Tafilah) – Al Ees, across from Total gas station: 0777161216
The Ministry of Labour has a free hotline that receives calls regarding labour law issues and is committed to improve the rights of all workers in Jordan. The hotline has answering machines that receive complaints after 3:30PM.
Free line: 080022208
Zain network: 0796580666
Orange network: 0777580666
Umniah network: 0785602666
E-mail: [email protected]
Legal Issues: for legal counseling and/or mediation, please contact ARDD-Legal Aid at 064617477 operating Sunday to Thursday, from 9AM to 6PM; or approach the Legal Unit in UNHCR Amman Branch Office.
On this tab, you may browse the different opportunities offered by local institutions and partner organizations to UNHCR.
Please click on the title of the opportunity from the list below to read more details.
Jordan River Foundation Trainings
Jordan River Foundation is offering a training opportunity, followed by initiating private businesses, for Syrian refugees in the following governorates: Amman, Irbid, Zarqaa, Mafraq, Aqaba.
To apply, please click on this link:
Jordan River Foundation is also offering a training and employment opportunity for Syrian refugees in the following governorates: Amman, Irbid, Zarqaa, Mafraq.
To apply, please click on this link:
Opportunities in the agriculture sector (ILO)
- Irbid: 0795510581
- Zarqaa & Azraq 0786741410
- Mafarq 0797948673
- Irbid: Omar Obaidat 0797912477
- Irbid: Wissam Khair 0790257157
- Irbid: Adham Zaal 0799675608
- Zarqaa & Azraq: Abdul Hadi Al Shehadeh 0798448925
- Mafraq: Ziyad Al Smadi 0775784407
Opportunities in the industrial sector (GIZ)
New scholarship opportunity for refugees of all nationalities for a course of intensive software development offered by Luminus Technical University College (LTUC), all expenses included.
- Age group: 18 to 30
- Medium proficiency in English language
- Applicant must be registered with UNHCR Jordan
- Minimum education: bachelor’s degree (with exceptions for diplomas)
- Full commitment for a period of 6 months, for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
To apply for this opportunity, please fill out the form in this link: https://asac.ltuc.com/ar/academic-scholarships/
The following employment opportunities by JOHUD are available for refugees of all nationalities in Jordan, with a standard one-year contract, to work in Community Support Centres across the Kingdom:
- Handicraft production and design coordinator: overseeing a handicraft operation that promotes social enterprise – applicants should have technical knowledge and a minimum of 2 years of experience with the design and production of handicrafts, including either sewing or ceramics, and the ability to manage and coordinate a small production project;
- Broadcasting and communication: content and programme coordinator who can produce and deliver radio shows and utilise social media related to inclusion, rights, and social participation, with a minimum of 2 years of experience;
- Youth coordinator: applicant must be aged 18-25 with an interest in managing youth initiatives that seek to promote leadership and activism for positive social change. Applicants should only be able to demonstrate leadership potential, organisation skills and innovative ideas.
- This opportunity is open to applicants of all nationalities living across Jordan
To apply, please send an e-mail to the address: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is 26 October 2021.
The International Catholic Migration Commission is offering training opportunities for refugees in Jordan of all nationalities in the field of welding in Zarqa Governorate.
This opportunity is available for the age of 18 to 30 years old.
To apply, please call the following number: 0791592252.
Turquoise Mountain training opportunity
Turquoise Mountain is offering a business skills and design training course for artisans and designers from all nationalities working in Jordan. The training will give a general overview of design and business skills through five modules: branding, photography, marketing, principles of design and accounting and business principles.
- Artisans, designers, and makers over the age of 18.
- Artisans and designers who are planning to start their own businesses or who already have established businesses but want to improve and develop an existing business
- Artisans who have been working on their craft for 5 years or more
- Artisans who practice the following crafts: Woodworking, jewelry making, basket weaving, rug weaving, embroidery, pottery, soap, and candle making, glass blowing, stone mosaic and textile craft and other craft practices
Duration of the training is 6 weeks available for 10 groups of artisans and designers, each group will take part in a two-week programme based on the schedule below:
- Group 1 and 2: Sunday 13/3/2022 – Thursday 24/3/2022
- Group 3 and 4: Sunday 27/3/2022 – Thursday 7/4/2022
- Group 5 and 6: Sunday 10/4/2022 – Thursday 21/4/2022
- Group 7 and 8: Sunday 24/4/2022 – Thursday 28/4/2022 and 8/5/2022 – 12/5/2022
- Group 9 and 10: Sunday 15/5/2022 – Thursday 26/5/2022
The training will be 5 hours a day with half an hour lunch break. Turquoise Mountain will provide transportation fees
Jordan Education for Employment (EFE) announces the opening of registration for a training course with “Amazon Web Services”, which is considered the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform.
EFE- Jordan is cooperating with CHAMS and Amazon Web Services to train AWS re/Start program and to develop in-demand cloud skills in order to be able to work in this domain. The program will be carried out for 12 weeks, 5 days a week (Sunday – Thursday) from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. It’s scheduled to start on 27/03/2022 and will end on 04/07/2022.
Applicants are expected to be fully available and committed for the duration of the course.
- Age group: 18 to 30
- Resident of Amman and Irbid.
- Have basic computer skills such as using the internet, email, MS Windows, etc.
- Have basic English language skills. Mainly searching the internet in English and reading
- Be fully available to attend sessions for 3 months, 5 days a week. This means having no study or work commitments for the duration of the course.
To apply, please fill the form in the following link: https://bit.ly/37zNWC0. After applying, please pay attention to your email as you may receive further emails to complete the registration process.
For enquiries and more details, please get in touch with the phone number 0797072282
Deadline for applications is 21 March 2022