Under Jordanian law, employers of non-Jordanian workers are legally required to obtain a work permit from the local Labour Directorate of the Ministry of Labour. Syrian refugees have access to work permits in select occupations.
For details and information on issuing work permits, labour rights and laws in Jordan, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page by clicking on this link.
Content of this page is updated whenever any changes occur or new decisions are issued.
Ministry of Labour Decisions on Open Sectors can be found here.
General Federation of Jordanian Trade Unions (GFJTU) Offices:
- Amman – Shmaisani, 28, Judge Iyas Street, first floor: 0796091915
- Zarqaa – Regional Cooperative Union, 8, Boulad Street, next to the Jordanian Women Union, first floor: 0779364299
- Mafraq – Municipality Street, Dar al Oud building, across from Ahli Bank, first floor: 0797587581
- Zaatari Camp – Office of Employment: 0772256316
- Irbid – Marj bin Amer Cooperative Association, Palestine Street: 0785349520
- Southern Region (Tafilah) – Al Ees, across from Total gas station: 0777161216
The Ministry of Labour has a free hotline that receives calls regarding labour law issues and is committed to improve the rights of all workers in Jordan. The hotline has answering machines that receive complaints after 3:30PM.
Free line: 080022208
Zain network: 0796580666
Orange network: 0777580666
Umniah network: 0785602666
E-mail: [email protected]
Legal Issues: for legal counseling and/or mediation, please contact ARDD-Legal Aid at 064617477 operating Sunday to Thursday, from 9AM to 6PM; or approach the Legal Unit in UNHCR Amman Branch Office.
On this tab, you may browse the different opportunities offered by local institutions and partner organizations to UNHCR.
Please click on the title of the opportunity from the list below to read more details.
Jordan River Foundation Trainings
Jordan River Foundation is offering a training opportunity, followed by initiating private businesses, for Syrian refugees in the following governorates: Amman, Irbid, Zarqaa, Mafraq, Aqaba.
To apply, please click on this link:
Jordan River Foundation is also offering a training and employment opportunity for Syrian refugees in the following governorates: Amman, Irbid, Zarqaa, Mafraq.
To apply, please click on this link:
Opportunities in the agriculture sector (ILO)
- Irbid: 0795510581
- Zarqaa & Azraq 0786741410
- Mafarq 0797948673
- Irbid: Omar Obaidat 0797912477
- Irbid: Wissam Khair 0790257157
- Irbid: Adham Zaal 0799675608
- Zarqaa & Azraq: Abdul Hadi Al Shehadeh 0798448925
- Mafraq: Ziyad Al Smadi 0775784407
Opportunities in the industrial sector (GIZ)
New scholarship opportunity for refugees of all nationalities for a course of intensive software development offered by Luminus Technical University College (LTUC), all expenses included.
- Age group: 18 to 30
- Medium proficiency in English language
- Applicant must be registered with UNHCR Jordan
- Minimum education: bachelor’s degree (with exceptions for diplomas)
- Full commitment for a period of 6 months, for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
To apply for this opportunity, please fill out the form in this link: https://asac.ltuc.com/ar/academic-scholarships/
The following employment opportunities by JOHUD are available for refugees of all nationalities in Jordan, with a standard one-year contract, to work in Community Support Centres across the Kingdom:
- Handicraft production and design coordinator: overseeing a handicraft operation that promotes social enterprise – applicants should have technical knowledge and a minimum of 2 years of experience with the design and production of handicrafts, including either sewing or ceramics, and the ability to manage and coordinate a small production project;
- Broadcasting and communication: content and programme coordinator who can produce and deliver radio shows and utilise social media related to inclusion, rights, and social participation, with a minimum of 2 years of experience;
- Youth coordinator: applicant must be aged 18-25 with an interest in managing youth initiatives that seek to promote leadership and activism for positive social change. Applicants should only be able to demonstrate leadership potential, organisation skills and innovative ideas.
- This opportunity is open to applicants of all nationalities living across Jordan
To apply, please send an e-mail to the address: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is 26 October 2021.
The International Catholic Migration Commission is offering training opportunities for refugees in Jordan of all nationalities in the field of welding in Zarqa Governorate.
This opportunity is available for the age of 18 to 30 years old.
To apply, please call the following number: 0791592252.
LTUC Training Opportunity
The following A training opportunity is available for refugees of all nationalities in Jordan offered by LTUC in IT, cooling and heating systems, fashion design and beauty, Arabic kitchen, butchery, and cake designs:
- Education level: high school diploma (Tawjihi) in scientific, industrial or IT streams
- Age group: 18 to 24
- Service card issued by the Ministry of Interior for Syrian refugees
- Personal identification document for other nationalities
- UNHCR asylum seeker/refugee certificate
- Commitment to the course
Transport costs are covered; participants will be offered pocket money. Participants will also receive a certificate at the end of the course.
To apply, please fill the form in the following link: https://bit.ly/3AcnGHd
For enquiries, please get in touch with the phone number 0790941801