Afghanistan: For information related to the current situation in Afghanistan and requests for assistance with legal pathways towards Switzerland, please visit our dedicated webpage.
COVID-19: For information related to COVID-19, the current situation and the vaccination in Switzerland and Liechtenstein, please visit our dedicated webpage or this website, which provides information in over 20 languages.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) created the website help.unhcr.org/switzerland for refugees, asylum-seekers and stateless persons in Switzerland.
This website provides relevant information, including answers to the following questions:
- Where to seek help in Switzerland
- How to apply for asylum in Switzerland
- Which rights and duties you have during and after the asylum procedure
- How to get reunited with your close family members (family reunification)
- What resettlement and a humanitarian visa is
- How to return to your home country
- How to seek recognition of being stateless
- What UNHCR’s role in Switzerland is.
This page will be continually updated.