For information on the situation in Ukraine please consult the following Help page: UNHCR Ukraine – Help for refugees and asylum-seekers
If you or your relatives are still in Ukraine:
UNHCR advises you to:
- Stay informed and connected (via radio, TV, Internet) and follow official advice for your security. Listen to official messages from emergency services, local authorities, and follow the instructions, including regarding curfews.
- Keep a copy (even digital) of your documents in a safe place. The replacement of lost documents will be easier if people can present a copy to the SMS later.
- For advice on how to provide emotional support to children during these difficult times, see pages such as this (in English)
|The Ukraine State Emergency Services (SES) has a WhatsApp helpline for critical updates. To start using the helpline, save the number +380676785917 in your contacts and text the word почати (begin) in a WhatsApp message. Link: Turn.io News: WhatsApp information helpline launches in Ukraine.|
There is also a hotline phone number for IDPs at: 0-800-307-711.
If you need to contact UNHCR in Ukraine, you can do that through the following number: +38 (044) 288 9710 Alternatively you can email: [email protected]
The Ukrainian Red Cross can be reached at: 0 800 331 800 and the ICRC at: Kyiv 0 800 300 155/ Slaviansk 0 800 300 115/ Severodonetsk 0 800 300 125/ Mariupol 0 800 300 165/ Donestsk 0 800 300 185/ Luhansk 0 800 300 195.
IOM has hotline numbers for people leaving Ukraine: 527 (free from mobile phones), 0800505501 (free from landline phones).
PLEASE NOTE: In the current situation, due to the high number of requests it may take longer time for you to get a response.
USEFUL CONTACTS IN NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES
If you or your relatives are travelling to or are in one of the following countries, please consult:
- In the Czech Republic: Please see the UNHCR HELP page: UNHCR Czech Republic – Help for refugees and asylum-seekers and the government webpage page : Informace pro občany Ukrajiny – Ministerstvo vnitra České republiky (mvcr.cz) (hotline number +420 974 801 802). UNHCR can be contacted at [email protected] or by phone +420 776 437 775.
- In Bulgaria: Please see the page of the Bulgarian asylum authorities here: https://gov.bg/bg/ukraine/news/5657 UNHCR can be contacted at: [email protected] or by phone number: +359 2 98 02 453.
- In Hungary: Please see the UNHCR HELP page for Hungary: UNHCR Hungary – Help for refugees and asylum-seekers and the page of the Hungarian Helsinki Committee: Information for people fleeing from Ukraine – Hungarian Helsinki Committee UNHCR can be contacted at [email protected] or by phone +36 1 336 3060.
- In Moldova: Please see the page of the asylum authorities: ВАЖЛИВО! | Biroul Migrație și Azil (gov.md) Please feel free to contact the Law Centre for Advocates for legal aid: Home – CDA and the Charity Centre for social aid: Home – Charity Centre for Refugees in Moldova (ccr.md). There is also a webpage with other service providers here: DOPOMOGA (gov.md) UNHCR can be contacted at: [email protected] or by phone +373 22 271 853.
- In Poland: Please see the UNHCR HELP page for Poland: UNHCR Poland – Help for refugees and asylum-seekers and the Polish government website for Ukrainians: Help for Ukrainian citizens – Urząd do Spraw Cudzoziemców – Portal Gov.pl (www.gov.pl) (scroll down for additional languages and note their hotline at: +48477217575). UNHCR can be contacted by email [email protected] and at +48 22 628 6930
- In Romania: Please see the UNHCR HELP page for Romania: UNHCR Romania – Help for refugees and asylum-seekers and the website of our partner, the National Council for Refugees: CNRR – Acasa UNHCR can be contacted by phone: +40 723 653 651 (available 24/7) and email: [email protected].
- In Slovakia: Please see the UNHCR HELP page for Slovakia here: UNHCR Slovakia – Help for refugees and asylum-seekers and the Slovak government website for Ukrainians at: Information for Ukrainians entering Slovak republic. (gov.sk) UNHCR can be contacted at [email protected] or by phone +36 1 336 3060.
- In all other countries: Please see the UNHCR HELP page Information for Refugees, Asylum-seekers and Stateless People | UNHCR and select the relevant country.