As a job seeker or worker in Romania, it is critical to be aware of your labor rights. Regardless of your nationality or legal status, you have the legal right to a safe, fair and healthy work environment.

In case you or your relatives/friends are faced with labor violations or labor exploitations, please visit this page: Safe and Dignified Employment

Ukrainian citizens have the right to work in Romania under the same conditions as Romanian citizens without the need for a work permit or a long stay working visa. If you need support with preparing for or seeking employment (for instance assistance with job searching, CV writing, counselling on labor rights and laws, etc.) you can turn to the below organizations.

The Government Employment Agencies

Upon registration with ANOFM, Ukrainian citizens have free access to government employment assistance services. More information about these services can be found here. ANOFM has a job vacancy website available here where you can view available job openings offered through them. Romanian language courses are also available at some Government Employment Agency Offices. More information on how to access these courses can be found on the Romanian government’s website here.   

Locations and contact details:
The government employment agencies are present across the country. You can find their address and contact details here.

You can now find a guide on how to access their services on  ANOFM’s website:
The guide is available in English, Romanian, Ukrainian, Russian and Arabic. 

Jobs for Ukraine

Jobs for Ukraine is a project that facilitates easy access to employment opportunities through their online job platform (available here) and offline support services such as career counselling (including CV building), job readiness, entrepreneurial support workshops and job fairs.

Based in Bucharest, but some activities are carried out throughout the country.

Contact details:
More information about Jobs for Ukraine’s services can be found on to their website (available here). You can stay updated with new job postings and other activities via their Telegram Channel (available here), and reach out to them at +40 744 221 224 / [email protected].

Ateliere Fara Frontiere (AFF)

AFF helps to prepare people for employment and link them to the labor market. Their support services include career counselling, employer engagement, job linkages, legal advice, cultural activities, and access to language courses.

Based in Bucharest.

Contact details:
More information about AFF’s services can be found on their website, or reach out at [email protected] / +40 314 259 010.
You can also come to their desk at the RomExpo Refugee Services Hub. Address: Bulevardul Expozitiei 2, 012 103, Sector 1, Bucharest


HEKS EPER supports job seekers with finding employment through various activities including career counseling, job referral and mediation services, linkages to language courses and facilitating skills recognition.

Based in Cluj.

Contact details:
More information about HEKS EPER’s services can be found on their Website, Telegram Channel, Facebook or reach out at [email protected].

I do not have documents proving my professional qualifications or work experience, what can I do?  

Ukrainian citizens who do not have documents proving their professional qualifications or work experience required for a job may be hired for a period of 12 months with the possibility of extending that by six-month periods for up to one year, on the basis of an affidavit filed together with the employer (available here in Romanian or Ukrainian), stating that (i) they meet the conditions of professional qualifications and work experience required for the job they are to be hired for and (ii) they do not have a criminal record incompatible with the activity they intend to carry out in Romania. The affidavit is not applicable to some professions, such as doctors, dentists, pharmacists, general medical assistants, midwives, veterinary surgeons, architects, etc. For recognition of qualifications in these sectors, and for further information and guidance, one should consult the Centre for Skills Recognition (CNRED).