Refugee status cessation
Your refugee status may be ceased by the Migration Service of Armenia for the following reasons:
- You have voluntarily re-availed yourself of the protection of the country of your citizenship,
- Having lost your citizenship you have voluntarily restored it,
- You have acquired citizenship of the Republic of Armenia or another country and enjoy the protection of that country,
- You have voluntarily returned to the country you had left/fled due to fear of being persecuted,
- You can no longer refuse to avail yourself of the protection of the country of your citizenship, because the circumstances due to which you were recognized as a refugee stopped to exist.
- Not having citizenship, you are able to return to the country of your former residence, because the circumstances due to which you were recognized as a refugee stopped to exist,
- You do not want to be considered as a refugee for personal reasons.
Cessation of asylum
The asylum granted to you by the Migration Service may be canceled, if:
– There are reasonable grounds that you are a threat to the national security of the Republic of Armenia, or
– You have been convicted for committing a particularly serious crime.
Cancellation of refugee status
Your refugee status will be canceled, if after granting it the Migration Service finds out that:
– You should not have been granted refugee status because you do not meet the criteria stipulated by Article 6 of the Law on Refugees and Asylum.
– During the refugee status determination procedure one of the grounds for exclusion had been applicable to you.