If you are recognized as a refugee and granted asylum, you will be provided with a Convention Travel Document (CTD) by the territorial office of the Passport and Visa Department in the format below:
This Document grants the right of freedom of movement in Armenia and permits traveling outside of Armenia. The Convention Travel Document is valid for two years and will be extended/renewed afterwards for two years each time.
Your child’s (children) data under the age of 16 shall be included in your CTD.
In order to receive a Convention Travel Document, it is necessary to submit the following documents to the Passport and Visa Department or its territorial office:
- An application in writing,
- The MS decision on recognition as a refugee and granting asylum,
- 2 color photos (35x45mm).
In case of loss of the Convention Travel Document, within 10 days you should inform the MS and the RA Police. If the Convention Travel Document is lost in a foreign country, you should inform the RA diplomatic representation or consular service (Embassy).
• Similarly to Armenian citizens, it is planned to issue biometric passports, i.e. Convention Travel Document to refugees under 16 with a validity of 3 years , and to refugees aged 16 and above with a validity of 10 years.
• It is also planned to issue a Refugee ID card, as a document certifying the refugee status and the legal residence in the RA. The Refugee ID card will serve as an internal document only, and is not intended for travelling outside of Armenia.