The UNHCR, through its partner agency ACAI, offers legal assistance to protect your rights and help with your integration in Costa Rica. ACAI can offer you free support with issues such as:
• Applying for refugee status.
• Changing immigration status and naturalization.
• Reuniting with your family in Costa Rica.
• Voluntary return to your home country.
• General guidance about your rights and responsibilities.
You can request more information by calling 800-8002224 or sending a text message to 8593-0249. You must make an appointment before arriving. The service is free.