Voluntary return

What to do if you want to return to your home country?

If you are an asylum seeker or a recognized refugee and wish to return to your home country, you can ask for help to return voluntarily to your home country. The Government Office for the Support and Integration of Migrants (GOSIM) with its partners supports individuals asylum seekers and refugees, who expressed a wish to voluntarily return to their country of origin. If you fall under the mentioned category and do not have the financial resources to leave, you can ask the UOIM to cover the return cost.

Government Office for the Support and Integration of Migrants (UOIM), where the asylum seekers stay until the authorities decide on their application:
Address: Cesta v Gorice 15, 1000 Ljubljana
Tel: +386 1 200 84 01
Website: https://www.gov.si/en/state-authorities/government-offices/government-office-for-the-support-and-integration-of-migrants/ (Slovenian and English language)
Email: [email protected]

If you did not apply for asylum, your application was rejected or you are a migrant, wishing to return home, International Organization for Migration (IOM) Slovenia is carrying out the Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration Programme (AVRR), which offers assistance with all operational and logistical considerations of the return and the option of reintegration assistance in the form of funding business plans, educational or vocational grants, medical assistance, temporary accommodation and other individually determined support. If you need assistance with returning to your country or you would like to receive additional information about the program, you can find more information by contacting IOM Slovenia.

International Organization for Migration Slovenia (IOM)

Address: Dunajska cesta 5, 1000 Ljubljana
Email: [email protected]
Website: slovenia.iom.int (English language)
Tel: +386 1 434 73 51 (Mon-Fri, between 10:00 and 16:00)

If your application for asylum has been finally rejected, you are obliged to leave Slovenia. You will however have the possibility to leave voluntarily within a certain period of time. Only a person who does not voluntarily leave can be forcibly returned to his/her country of origin.

Related information