For persons inside of Ukraine, UNHCR advises you to:
- Stay informed and connected (via radio, TV, Internet) and follow official advice for your security. Listen to official messages from emergency services, local authorities, and follow the instructions, including regarding curfews.
- Keep a copy (even digital) of your documents in a safe place. The replacement of lost documents will be easier if people can present a copy to the SMS later.
- For advice on how to provide emotional support to children during these difficult times, see pages such as this.
UNHCR is doing its utmost to ensure that its services and assistance are continued and strengthened. For more information, please see our HELP page in Ukraine: https://help.unhcr.org/ukraine/
Please note that UNHCR Ukraine is not involved in exit procedures or evacuations of any person from Ukraine.
If you are fleeing the war in Ukraine and coming to the European Union click here to find key information about your rights.
If you and/or your family are fleeing from the conflict in Ukraine, you can find information and support in Blue Dot Safe Spaces, Protection and Support Hubs.
For Ukrainians travelling to or present in other countries, please see the below for more information about asylum procedures and where to go for help:
- In the Czech Republic: Please see the UNHCR HELP page: https://help.unhcr.org/czech/ and the government webpage page: https://www.mvcr.cz/clanek/informace-pro-obcany-ukrajiny.aspx (hotline number +420 974 801 802).
- In Hungary: Please see the UNHCR HELP page for Hungary: https://help.unhcr.org/hungary/ and the page of the Hungarian Helsinki Committee: https://helsinki.hu/Ukraine_Guide_2022_02_25_EN.pdf.
- In Moldova: Please see the UNHCR HELP page for Moldova: https://help.unhcr.org/moldova/. Please see the page of the asylum authorities: http://bma.gov.md/ro/content/%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BE and this partner page for available services: https://dopomoga.life/. You can contact UNHCR at: [email protected].
- In Poland: Please see the UNHCR HELP page for Poland: https://help.unhcr.org/poland/ and the Polish government website for Ukrainians: ua.gov.pl and note their hotline at: +48477217575.
- In Romania: Please see the UNHCR HELP page for Romania: https://help.unhcr.org/romania/ and the website of our partner, the National Council for Refugees: https://www.cnrr.ro/index.php/ro/
- In Slovakia: Please see the UNHCR HELP page for Slovakia here: https://help.unhcr.org/slovakia/ and the Slovak government website for Ukrainians at: https://ua.gov.sk/en.html.
- In all other countries: Please see the UNHCR HELP page https://help.unhcr.org/ and select the relevant country.
The page will be continually updated.