Refugees and asylum-seekers have access to all public health services in China. All patients need to pay upfront to receive medical services.

In case of medical emergencies, please go to the Emergency Ward at your nearest public hospital or call πŸ“ž 120 for an ambulance.

Can UNHCR help me with healthcare?

UNHCR does not have partners that provide medical services to refugees and asylum-seekers. In exceptional circumstances, UNHCR reimburses the costs of medical treatment for refugees. Only treatments by public hospitals will be considered for reimbursement.

For more information, you can write to πŸ“§ [email protected].

ATTENTION! Please note that UNHCR cannot provide financial, material, or medical assistance to asylum-seekers.


For information on HIV testing, post-exposure prophylaxis and antiretroviral treatment, please consult your local CDC (η–ΎζŽ§δΈ­εΏƒ)or Beijing Ditan Hospital (εŒ—δΊ¬εœ°ε›εŒ»ι™’) at πŸ“ž 010-84322250.

There are free antiretroviral drugs and self-paying drugs. Depending on your condition, the hospital might provide free drugs to you. Write to [email protected] if you have difficulty communicating with your doctor in Chinese and need us to help. Please indicate when you are going to see the doctor in your email, so that we can stand by.

Find more information on HIV for Foreigners living in China.

<<<Back to Services & Assistance

Related information