UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, works to ensure that everyone who has fled violence, persecution or war can be protected. UNHCR promotes and protects the rights of refugees, including their right not to be returned to a country or territory where their lives, integrity and/or freedom are at risk.
If you fear you will be harmed if you return to your country of origin, you can apply for asylum by registering your claim with UNHCR.
ALL services provided by UNHCR are FREE of charge
UNHCR Office in Beijing
Our contact details in Beijing are:
- Address: UNHCR, No. 14 Liangmahe Nan Lu, Chaoyang District, Beijing
- Address in Chinese: 北京市朝阳区亮马河南路14号联合国难民署
- Telephone: 📞 010-65326806 (Monday to Friday from 9 am – 12 pm and from 2 pm – 6 pm)
- Email for general inquiries, complaints and feedback: 📧 [email protected]
- Email for medical reimbursement: 📧 [email protected]
- Telephone counselling: 📞 010-65326806 (2-5 pm on Wednesdays)
We use email as the primary channel of contact with UNHCR.
If exceptionally you would like to talk to our officers by phone, please call during our telephone counselling sessions every Wednesday 2-5 pm. We cannot guarantee that your calls outside telephone counselling hours will be answered due to limited human resources.
If you believe you are in immediate danger, call the police at 📞 110 or the ambulance at 📞 120.
You are welcome to contact the office if you still need support afterwards. But please be aware that UNHCR is not a first responder, so we do not have the capacity to reach you immediately or provide you with physical protection or medical support ourselves.
For emergency legal protection needs, please contact us:
- By phone: 📞 call 010-65326806 or
- By Email: 📧 write to [email protected]