The below organizations can provide assistance to survivors of torture and gender-based violence:
Constats is a non-profit organization located in Brussels that undertakes, for applicants of international protection, medical and psychological assessments and produces, if necessary, medical reports concerning tortures/ill-treatments suffered in the home country.
More information on how to contact the association and request a medical assessment can be found here.
For victims of sexual/domestic violence
- A hotline is available for victims of sexual violence:
- 1712 (https://www.1712.be/)
- 080030030 (https://www.ecouteviolencesconjugales.be/)
- You can find information brochures on violence in French, Dutch, English, German, Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Lingala, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serb-Croatian, Spanish, Swahili, Turkish here.
- In some specific hospitals, a care centre for sexual violence is available where any victim of sexual violence can go to at any time. More information on this care centres as well as on the procedure to follow for victims of sexual violence, can be found here (in Dutch/French/German)
Service de Santé Mentale Ulysse
SSM Ulysse is a mental health service based in Brussels that provides support and assistance to vulnerable migrants, suffering from mental problems. More information (in French) can be found here.
Group for the Abolition of Female Genital Mutilation (GAMS Belgium)
GAMS Belgium is a national non-profit organization which primary objective is to contribute to the eradication of female genital mutilation in Belgium and worldwide. More information on their different projects and activities can be found here.
Woman’Dō is a family planning centre specialized in providing a post-traumatic assistance to women with a precarious stay who have fled violence. More information as well as contact details can be found here (French and Dutch only).