We receive many enquiries and in order to deal with them in the best possible way, we ask you to follow the instructions on our contact page.
Please also note that due to the current COVID measures, in-person visits to the office (included on appointment) are currently still not possible.
If you wish to reach us by phone, please contact us only on the following number: +32 (0) 472 18 92 65, Tuesday from 9.30 to 12.30 and Thursday from 13.30 to 16.30.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, created this website for persons falling under its mandate (refugees, asylum-seekers and stateless people) in Belgium, their family members and people who assist them. On this website you will find useful information and web links, including answers to the following questions:
- How can I apply for asylum in Belgium?
- What happens during the asylum process?
- Can I apply for asylum with UNHCR?
- Where can I seek help in Belgium?
- Where can I get social and/or financial assistance?
- Where can I get help with accommodation?
- Who can assist me legally in my procedures before the (international protection) authorities and courts?
- Who can help me find lost family members?
- What are the rights and obligations of asylum-seekers and refugees?
- I am a recognized refugee, where can I get (civil/travel) documents?
- How can I reunite with my family members in Belgium?
- Who can assist me with my application for family reunification? Can I get financial assistance for this procedure?
- Can I be resettled to Belgium? Can I be resettled from Belgium to another country?
- What is UNHCR’s role in Belgium?
- How can I contact UNHCR Belgium?
- Who should I contact to report misconduct related to UNHCR?
You will also find information on the following thematic areas:
Please note that the information contained on this page is only relevant for people who are currently in Belgium. If you are seeking information or assistance for relatives or friends who are not in Belgium, please visit the help page of the relevant country on the UNHCR help Homepage.
This page, including its different sections, will be continually updated.
Last update: March 2022.