Are you under 18?

Are you under 18? If you are, this page is for you! You will find information about services for children and young people who have had to leave their home country and are now in Bangladesh.

I’m under 18, am I allowed to contact UNHCR? πŸ‘§πŸ½πŸ‘¦πŸ½

Yes, you are! 😊 If you need information or support from UNHCR, you can contact us by email πŸ“§ or through a helpline πŸ“ž. It’s a good idea to talk to your parents or a trusted adult first, but you can also contact us on your own. Make sure you tell us your name, age, and your phone πŸ“ž/whatsapp number or email address @, or any other way to get in touch with you. It’s also a good idea to tell us the names of your parents if they are in Bangladesh with you. If you are not with your parents, you can also tell us that.

➑️ Find how to contact UNHCR in Bangladesh πŸ“ž πŸ’»πŸ’πŸ“±

Can UNHCR Bangladesh or another organization help me if I am under 18? πŸ‘§πŸ½πŸ‘¦πŸ½

Yes! UNHCR works with organisations that help girls and boys under 18 living in Ukhiya, Teknaf and Bhasan Char refugee camps. If someone has hurt you, or you are afraid they will, you can also call this number: 16670

Some organizations also have fun activities for children and young people and have counsellors you can talk to if you have a problem. Look for Child-Friendly Spaces or MultiPurpose Centres for Children and Adolescents in the camp!

➑️ Contact UNHCR in Bangladesh πŸ“ž πŸ’» 🏒 πŸ“± 

I’m staying in Bangladesh without my parents. Can UNHCR help me find them or other people in my family? πŸ” πŸ‘ΆπŸ½πŸ‘§πŸ½πŸ‘¦πŸ½πŸ‘©πŸ½πŸ‘±πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ¦³πŸ‘¨πŸ½β€πŸ¦³

It’s not always easy or possible to find people who are missing or to get families back together, but children have a right to be with their parents and family. If you are not with your parents, it’s a good idea to let us know so that we can help you stay safe in Bangladesh. We can also try to help you find them and get in touch with them.

You can also reach out to the International Committee of the Red Cross and Bangladesh Red Crescent Society on:

➑️ Restoring Family Links πŸ“ž πŸ’» 🏒 πŸ“±

I am not going to school right now, but I would like to. How can I get help to go to school? πŸ«πŸ“š

Every child has a right to go to school. You do not need any documents βŒπŸ“„ and you do not have to pay extra βŒπŸ’΅. UNHCR Bangladesh helps children living in Ukhiya, Teknaf and Bhasan Char refugee camps to go to primary school.

Get a parent or adult to help you, and visit our Education page.

If you need more information or assistance, you can get in touch with UNHCR in Bangladesh directlyπŸ“ž πŸ“§ πŸ“±πŸ’.