Last updated on 1 June 2020
Here you can find important information related to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). This section will be continually updated.
IMPORTANT: REGULATIONS BY AUTHORITIES IN BIH
In the wake of new cases and the urgency to halt the spread of COVID-19, authorities in BiH have implemented a series of regulations for those living and staying in the country:
- Visits to and exits from Reception Centres in FBiH (Federation of Bosnia-Herzegovina) are restricted. Please contact IOM or UNHCR for more information on the current restriction of movement in your area/location;
- In FBiH, all persons are required to cover their mouth/nose in indoor public spaces but also outdoor if they cannot maintain a social distance of at least 2 meters;
- In Republika Srpska, all persons are required to cover their mouth/nose and to respect the social distancing of at least 2 meters when out in public;
- Restaurants and cafes throughout the country are open, along with most other businesses, with prevention measures in place;
- Sports and recreation centres, museums, galleries, concert halls, cinemas, theatres, etc. are open, with prevention measures in place;
Please note that the authorities will strictly enforce the emergency measures and anyone in violation can be subject to misdemeanour or criminal penalties.
If you have any questions about the above regulations, please feel free to contact us.
INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS OF THE RECEPTION CENTRES
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has created a website to provide up-to-date information to the residents of the Reception Centres about COVID-19 pandemics, how it affects daily life in the centres and what are the services available.
If you are currently in the Reception Centres, stay connected and informed via the above website.