The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading international organization for migration and is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society.
In Bosnia and Herzegovina, IOM is working to address a range of migrant needs, including:
- Transportation to and from key services;
- Food, Non-Food Items, water and sanitation;
- Psychosocial support;
- Assisted voluntary return and reintegration (please expand the section below for more detail);
- Referrals to other services.
Tel.: +387 33 293 400
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: Zmaja od Bosne bb, UN Common house, Sarajevo
Working hours: Monday – Thursday 08.30-17.30; Friday 08.30-14.30
Assisted Voluntary Return
Assisted Voluntary Return (also named AVR) is an international migration service created by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) for governments to help migrants make informed and voluntary choices about returning to their home country.
You may be eligible for IOM Assisted Voluntary Return:
- If you do not want to apply for asylum in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- If you have applied for asylum in Bosnia and Herzegovina but are waiting for the decision;
- If you have applied for asylum in Bosnia and Herzegovina but your asylum application is rejected; or
- If you do not have a valid permit to stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
If you are eligible and choose to return with IOM Assisted Voluntary Return, you must first withdraw your asylum application.
IOM Assisted Voluntary Return assistance can help you in developing an individual plan for returning, which is jointly planned, safe and dignified without a cost to you. It will help you with administrative and logistical support to return and resettle in your home country.
In addition to return services, you may also be eligible to receive reintegration assistance by helping you with means to, inter alia, set-up businesses, find accommodation, or engage in vocational training.
You can speak to IOM confidentially and without any obligations, and then make your decision.
IOM AVR Focal Points
Sarajevo: + 387 61 964 575
Bihać: +387 61 964 408, +387 61 964 495
Velika Kladuša: +387 61 964 454
Mostar: +387 62 958 385