The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading international organization for migration and is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society.
In Bosnia and Herzegovina, IOM is working to address a range of migrant needs, including:
- Transportation to and from key services;
- Food, Non-Food Items, water and sanitation;
- Psychosocial support;
- Assisted voluntary return and reintegration (please expand the section below for more detail);
- Referrals to other services.
Tel.: +387 33 955 200
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: Fra Anđela Zvizdovića 1. UNITIC Business center, Tower A, 1st 2nd and 3rd floor, Sarajevo
Working hours: Monday – Thursday 08.30-17.30; Friday 08.30-14.30
Assisted Voluntary Return
Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (also named AVRR) is an international migration service created by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) for governments to help migrants make informed and voluntary choices about returning to their home country.
You may be eligible for IOM Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration:
- If you do not want to apply for asylum in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- If you have applied for asylum in Bosnia and Herzegovina and are waiting for the decision;
- If you have applied for asylum in Bosnia and Herzegovina but your asylum application is rejected; or
- If you do not have a valid permit to stay in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- If you are eligible and choose to return with IOM Assisted Voluntary Return, you must first withdraw your asylum application.
IOM Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration assistance can help you in developing an individual plan for returning, which is jointly planned, safe and dignified without a cost to you. It will help you with administrative and logistical support to return and resettle in your home country.
In addition to return services, you may also be eligible to receive reintegration assistance by helping you with means to, inter alia, set-up businesses, find accommodation, or engage in vocational training.
You can speak to IOM confidentially and without any obligations, and then make your decision.
If you are interested in Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration, you should contact IOM or the Service for Foreigners’ Affairs in any of the Reception Centres.
To contact IOM AVRR staff, please see the below contacts details:
IOM AVRR Sarajevo Office +387 61 964 575