UNHCR maintains an Information Centre in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Centre is staffed by UNHCR and its partners, the Bosnia and Herzegovina Women’s Initiative and Vaša Prava BiH (UNHCR’s free legal aid partner). You can go to the Information Centre for:
- Information on how to seek asylum in Bosnia and Herzegovina and your rights and obligations;
- Information on getting your Attestation on Intention to Seek Asylum (registering your intent to seek asylum with the Service for Foreigners’ Affairs), also known as the ‘white paper’;
- Information on how to apply for asylum with the Sector for Asylum, the registration interview and getting your Asylum-Seeker’s Card (also known as the ‘yellow card’);
- Information on psychosocial support;
- Free legal information and assistance from a lawyer, including legal representation in the asylum process;
- Information on accommodation at the Reception Centres (spaces are limited, and strict criteria may apply, including that you must have a valid Attestation on Intention to Seek Asylum or Asylum-Seeker’s Card);
- Referrals to IOM for possible Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration program, if you wish to return to your home country and are eligible for the program;
- Support for people with vulnerabilities and special needs;
- Referrals and help finding services you need;
- Referrals for primary health care services (you must have a valid Attestation on Intention to Seek Asylum or an Asylum-Seeker’s Card).
You can go to the Information Centre without an appointment.
Tel.: +387 33 290 404 /+387 33 666 160
E-mail: [email protected]
Facebook: UNHCR Bosnia and Herzegovina
Address: UNITIC Building, Fra Andjela Zvizdovica 1, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Open Hours: Mondays and Thursdays from 09:30 to 16:00.
For any legal aid and advice, you can contact NGO Vasa Prava BiH at: + 387 61 102 035 /+387 61 102 034 (via SMS, WhatsApp, Viber and via regular call from Monday to Friday from 9:30 to 16:00)
For any information on psychosocial assistance and counselling, you can contact NGO BHWI at: + 387 62 136 167 (via SMS, WhatsApp, Viber and via regular call from Monday to Friday from 9:30 to 16:00)