UNHCR maintains an Information Centre in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Centre is staffed by UNHCR and its partners, the Bosnia and Herzegovina Women’s Initiative and Vaša Prava BiH (UNHCR’s free legal aid partner). You can go to the Information Centre for:
- Information on how to seek asylum in Bosnia and Herzegovina and your rights and obligations;
- Information on getting your Attestation of Expressed Intent to Seek Asylum (registering your intent to seek asylum with the Service for Foreigners’ Affairs), also known as the ‘white paper’;
- Information on how to apply for asylum with the Sector for Asylum, the registration interview and getting your Asylum-Seeker’s Card (also known as the ‘yellow card’);
- Information on psychosocial support;
- Free legal information and assistance from a lawyer, including legal representation in the asylum process;
- Information on accommodation at the Delijaš Asylum Centre, the Salakovac Refugee Reception Centre, and the Ušivak Temporary Reception Centre (spaces are limited, and strict criteria applies, including that you must have a valid Attestation of Expressed Intent to Seek Asylum or Asylum-Seeker’s Card);
- Referrals to IOM for possible Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration program, if you wish to return to your home country and are eligible for the program;
- Support for people with vulnerabilities and special needs;
- Referrals and help finding services you need;
- Referrals for primary health care services (you must have a valid Attestation of Expressed Intent to Seek Asylum or an Asylum-Seeker’s Card).
You can go to the Information Centre without an appointment.
Tel.: +387 33 290 404 /+387 33 666 160
E-mail: [email protected]
Facebook: UNHCR Bosnia and Herzegovina
Address: UNITIC Building, Fra Andjela Zvizdovica 1, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Information Centre Open Hours (open to the public):
Monday to Thursday from 09:30 to 12:30 and from 13:00 to 16:00.
Friday from 09:30 to 12:30 and from 13:00 to 14:00.
*The Information Centre is not open on weekends or the following dates:1 January 2019, 7 January 2019, 1 March 2019, 22 April 2019, 29 April 2019, 1 May 2019, 4 June 2019, 12 August 2019, 25 November 2019, 25 December 2019.