Refugees and asylum-seekers may benefit from social assistance coordinated by the governorships in the provinces. Under the administration of the governorships, the Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations (SASF) (Sosyal Yardimlasma ve Dayanisma Vakfi in Turkish) receive your written petition with the request of one-time cash assistance, coal aid, assistance for education, shelter, health, etc.
To apply for social assistance, you need to approach the SASF with the following identity documents:
- Non-Syrian beneficiaries (Iraqis, Iranians, Afghans, Somalis and other nationalities) of international protection with International Protection Applicant Identity Documents (IPAID) with numbers starting with 99 would be eligible for almost all of the assistance provided by the Turkish authorities.
- Syrian beneficiaries of temporary protection with Temporary Protection Identity Documents with numbers starting with 99 would be eligible for almost all of the assistance provided by the Turkish authorities.
You also need to submit your petition for assistance from the SASF. You may need to provide specific documentation for some of the assistance provided by the SASF. This additional document might be your medical reports or expenses of medicines.
There is no guarantee that the assistance would be provided upon application; the decision will be given by the Board of Trustees in the SASF.
In order to find out what documentation is required for the type of assistance that you may be eligible for, please approach the closest SASF office or UNHCR partners’ offices in your province of residence.
To apply for food and household goods assistance in Turkey, you can approach:
- Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation (SASF) in your province,
- Municipalities in your province,
- Aid organizations and associations in your province.
However, there is no guarantee that the assistance would be provided upon application. You can obtain related information from UNHCR partners in your province if available.