The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) created the website help.unhcr.org with and for refugees and asylum seekers in Germany. This website aims at providing access to information for asylum seekers and refugees. On this website you will be able to find information about:
- Where to seek help in Germany
- How to apply for asylum in Germany
- How to apply for family reunification, the procedure for reunification with a close family member within the EU or abroad
- What rights and duties you have during the asylum procedure and after recognition
- How to get information if you want to voluntarily return to your home country
- Seeking help for relatives abroad? Please visit the overview of UNHCR’s help pages, or go directly to those of Turkey or Greece for example.
The page will be continually updated.