Refugees, asylum seekers, stateless persons or other displaced populations are able to receive legal assistance through UNHCR Rwanda’s partner Prison Fellowship Rwanda (PFR).
Response Services provided:
- Provision of legal advice and counseling
- Information and support on access to asylum and the refugee status determination procedure
- Legal representation, including at Rwanda Investigation Bureau (RIB), prosecution and court level
- Birth registration and other documentation for camp-based refugees
- Legal assistance for forcibly displaced people and stateless persons in detention, including due to their status or lack thereof
Due to budget constraints, in 2023, PFR and UNHCR will not be able to prioritize legal representation for civil cases, including commercial and family law. Any exceptions to this will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Contact Details: Prison Fellowship Rwanda (PFR), 0788 866 255
Monday to Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
In case of emergency, you can contact UNHCR