Due to measures taken against the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, you will have to book and receive an appointment for the below registration services. Contact UNHCR through the telephone numbers or email addresses provided below to book for an appointment.
- Kigali: 0788 313 705 / 0788 302 718 or contact us at [email protected]
- Mahama Refugee Camp: 0788 315 023
- Nyabiheke Refugee Camp: 0788 380 888 or contact us at [email protected]
- Gihembe Refugee Camp: 0788 301 810 / 0788 388 243 or contact us at [email protected]
- Kigeme Refugee Camp: 0788 314 711
- Kiziba Refugee Camp: 0788 381 326
- Mugombwa Refugee Camp: 0788 314 711
Registration and documentation services in Rwanda
- Issuance of registration-related appointments
- Update of biodata information on an individual record including contact and address change, specific needs, education, and skills information
- Recording of vital events (birth, death, marriages, divorce etc)
- New-born registration
- New arrivals registration after clearance by the Government of Rwanda
- Reactivation interviews
- Registration of death and spontaneous departures
- Returnee registration
- Issuance and Replacement of Proof of Registration
- Recording of voluntary repatriation intention
UNHCR and partners support you to obtain several documents including birth, marriage, divorce and death certificates. The Ministry in Charge of Emergency Management (MINEMA) provides and coordinates the protection, assistance to refugees including facilitating the issuance of refugee identity document from the National Identification Agency (NIDA). For more information on civil documentation please visit the Documentation page.
Please remember that UNHCR services, including registration, remain free of charge and applicants should not engage with anyone who is asking you to pay or provide services for information or a change in status on your case.
Be aware of individuals or fake organizations claiming to be affiliated to UNHCR fraudulently promising registration certificates or other refugee documents and persuading people to part with their money or any sort of favours in order to assist you to get registered or get refugee documents.
Please report any instances of suspected fraud or abuse to UNHCRs confidential email box at [email protected]. See Complaints and Feedback page.