UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, created this website for refugees and asylum-seekers who found themselves on the territory of the Russian Federation.
On this website, you will be able to find up-to-date information on receiving asylum and assistance to stateless persons, including the answers to the questions below:
- Who is considered a refugee?
- Where should the persons arriving in the Russian Federation due to the conflict in Ukraine seek assistance?
- Where to seek assistance in Russia?
- What is the process for applying for refugee status or temporary asylum?
- How to appeal refugee status rejection?
- What rights do asylum seekers have?
- What rights and responsibilities do you have after receiving refugee status?
- Where can stateless people find assistance in Russia?
- What should you do if you are stopped or detained by the police?
- Role of the United Nations High Commissioner for refugees in Russia
All information for asylum seekers in Russia is also available in PDF format: