As per the Asylum Act, all asylum seekers are entitled to legal counselling, free of charge.
If you need free legal support throughout your asylum procedure, family reunification procedure or other legal matters, you can contact UNHCR’s NGO partner in Portugal, the Portuguese Refugee Council (CPR):
- Portuguese Refugee Council (CPR): CPR is a non-governmental organisation that provides free legal support to refugees and asylum seekers in Portugal throughout the asylum procedure and also at the integration stage.
- E-mail 📧 [email protected] or 📧 [email protected]
- Call 📞(+351) 21 831 43 72
- Visit the Portuguese Refugee Council’s website for more information.
Other organizations providing legal support to asylum seekers and refugees in Portugal:
- High Commission for Migration (ACM), Legal Support Office (Gabinete de Apoio Jurídico): The ACM’s Legal Support Office provides free legal support for migrants on migration-related issues, nationality, labour rights, social security, access to rights and justice.
- E-mail 📧 [email protected]
- Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS): JRS is an non-governmental organisation providing support and services to migrants and refugees.