In response to the war in Ukraine, the Portuguese government has applied a Temporary Protection regime to Ukrainian citizens, stateless persons and third-country nationals legally residing in Ukraine, who cannot return to their country of origin and their relatives.
To apply for the Temporary Protection Status online, visit the Immigration and Borders Service (SEF) website.
Please note that applicants and holders of temporary protection status may also apply for asylum (refugee status or subsidiary protection).
For more information on support for people fleeing Ukraine in Portugal, visit Portugal for Ukraine, the Government’s dedicated online platform.
Do you wish to be reunited with your family? Click on the links below for information on Family Reunification:
- UNHCR leaflet on family unity and family reunification for persons fleeing Ukraine (Ukrainian language version).
- UNHCR leaflet on family unity and family reunification for persons fleeing Ukraine (English language version).
If you are displaced because of the Ukraine situation and need help in Portugal, contact:
- Call the support line/telephone translation service: +351 218106191 or 808257257
- From Monday to Friday, between 09h00 and 20h00,
- and on Saturday, between 09h00 and 17h00
- E-mail: [email protected]