Sexual exploitation and abuse are unacceptable behaviours and are prohibited for all United Nations and NGO partners’ staff members. Anyone with concerns or suspicions about possible misconduct by UNHCR or NGO partners staff, should report it immediately. Your report will be treated with discretion and kept strictly confidential.
What is misconduct?
Misconduct means any failure by a staff member to comply with their obligations or to observe the standards of conduct expected of an international civil servant.
What is fraud?
Fraud is any action to intentionally mislead another to obtain a benefit.
ATTENTION! All services of UNHCR and its NGO partners are FREE!
All assistance and protection services offered to refugees and asylum seekers by UNHCR and its NGO partners are FREE OF CHARGE. Please be aware that you do not have to pay any money or provide any favours to get assistance from UNHCR or our partners.
What is Sexual Exploitation and Abuse?
Sexual exploitation is any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust for sexual purposes. It includes trafficking and prostitution.
Sexual abuse is any actual or threatened sexual activity carried out by force or under unequal or coercive conditions.
In line with the United Nations standards of conduct, the staff members of UNHCR and NGO partners must not:
- Have sexual activity with anyone in exchange for money, employment, preferential treatment, goods or services,
- Have sexual activity with anyone under the age of 18 years old,
- Engage in any other form of sexually humiliating, degrading or exploitative behaviour.
How can I report fraud, corruption, sexual abuse or exploitation and misconduct?
If you or someone you know have been a victim of fraud, corruption, sexual abuse or exploitation, or other misconduct conducted by a UNHCR or UNHCR’s NGO partner staff member, please report it to the UNHCR Inspector General Office:
- In person or by post: 94, rue de Montbrillant, Case postale 2500, CH-1211 Geneva 2 Depot Switzerland
- By confidential email: [email protected]
- By using the online complaint form.
Your report will be treated with discretion and kept strictly confidential.