Information for New Arrivals From Ukraine

For up-to-date information from the Government of Poland: visit | For help: PomagamUkrainie
For job offers: PracawPolsce

For specific questions about receiving a Polish PESEL number, visit here

For updated information about UNHCR Cash Assistance, visit the tab below

👩 🧑 Are you under age 18? Click here!

If you need further information on UNHCR services, you may call the UNHCR counselling line on: 
+48226286930 (Monday-Friday, 8:30-16:30)

Blue Dot Safe Spaces, Protection and Support Hubs – visit here
Digital Blue Dot website – click here

Welcome to the dedicated information page for new arrivals from Ukraine. Detailed information and links to resources are available in the tabs below:

Important resources for you and your family

In addition to information on this HELP page, the Polish government has established an official website, phone line, and e-mail with information and resources for you:

Additional information can be found on the Halina Nieć Legal Aid Center‘s website: click here

You can also contact UNHCR directly for any questions at:

  • Phone: +48 22 628 6930 (Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm)
  • E-mail: [email protected]

UNHCR Cash Assistance

Important: Changes to UNHCR’s Cash Assistance Programme

UNHCR’s cash programme responds to evolving needs or people displaced from Ukraine.

Attention! The eligibility criteria for the remainder of the programme and the process have been updated. Please find more information below.

Until June 2022, refugees could request an appointment via Unfortunately, applications are no longer possible online as UNHCR is processing the large number of requests received so far.

If you have received an SMS invitation: Please note that this invitation for interview does not guarantee you will receive cash assistance. When you come for the interview, you will be asked several questions to assess if you meet the new criteria for cash assistance. Unfortunately, we can only assist the most vulnerable refugees and not all applicants will be enrolled.

Please bring to your interview:

  • Official identification documents (bring all you have, this can include: national passport, national tax number, national ID, PESEL registration, etc as well as proof of entry into Poland).
  • All family members that are living with you (at the same accommodation) in Poland
  • You may also bring additional documents relevant for your specific circumstances.

Please note: The invitation for interview is based on the information on family members, age, and disability that you provided during your online application. If this information has changed, you might no longer be eligible for cash assistance.

If you need further information, you may call the UNHCR counselling line on: +48226286930 (Monday-Friday, 8:30-16:30)

If you have applied but have not heard from UNHCR: We have received your information and you do not need to do anything additional. The cash assistance programme has limited capacity, and this is reserved for the most vulnerable refugees. Unfortunately, for this reason, not all people who have applied will be called for interview.

If you require further information on assistance or services in your area, please contact your closest Blue Dot, government website or call the UNHCR counselling line.


Important Information about UNHCR’s Cash Programme

 What is UNHCR’s cash assistance programme in Poland?

  • From March to June 2022, UNHCR was accepting short-term cash assistance to new arrivals from Ukraine to support with their transition and integration into Polish systems. Applications are no longer possible, but enrolment based on eligibility interviews continues until end of August. If you are already enrolled, you have received or will receive 3 instalments of emergency cash as per the value below.
  • The programme is different from any support system provided by Poland, including PESEL registration
  • UNHCR does not conduct refugee registration or status determination. It is only enrolment for humanitarian assistance

How much is the value of cash assistance?

  • Per month, eligible recipients will receive 700 Zloty for 1 person + 600 Zloty per additional family member up to 4 family members. This means families with 4 or more members receive 2,500 Zloty per month.
  • Cash assistance is provided one time per month, for 3 months.

Who is eligible for UNHCR cash assistance?

  • You and your family are eligible if you are living in Poland and you fled Ukraine on or after 24 February 2022 (you do not need to hold Ukrainian citizenship to benefit, as long as you can prove that you held legal residence in Ukraine). Only one family member needs to have left on or after 24 February.
  • If you left Ukraine after 24 February and first passed through another country before entering Poland, you are still eligible.
  • The new eligibility criteria assess your family’s situation based on a combination of factors, including age of family members, caring responsibilities, and disability.
  • Children need to be accompanied by an appointed caregiver/legal guardian. If you do not have a legal guardian, UNHCR can help you through this process.

How can I schedule an appointment to enrol for cash assistance?

  • Applications are no longer possible.
  • If you have registered online, you do not need to do anything additional. You will be contacted on your Polish mobile phone number if you can be considered for inclusion in the programme.

I did not get a stamp in my passport. Am I still eligible?

  •  Yes. To be eligible for cash assistance you must have arrived on or after 24 February 2022 and meet the eligibility criteria.
  • When you come to the UNHCR Cash Enrolment Point, please bring any type of evidence you have that can show your date of entry to the country.

Where are UNHCR’s Cash Enrolment Points? When are they open?

  • To be assessed for UNHCR cash assistance, you must have an appointment before coming to the center.
  • For queries related to technical issues if you are already enrolled, you can also approach one of the centers or call the UNHCR counselling line.
  • Currently, UNHCR and its partner have Cash Enrolment Points open in:

    • Warsaw: Kamionkowska 11. Monday – Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm
    • Gdańsk: Wały Piastowskie 1, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm
    • Ostróda: Jana lll, Sobieskiego 9/pok. 127. Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm
    • Wrocław: Piłsudskiego 69/73. Monday – Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm

What should I bring to my enrolment appointment?

  • You should bring your passport, ID, or any other document that can prove your identity
  • You should also bring any document or other evidence that proves your date of entry into Poland
  • You are welcome to bring any other documents that prove your personal circumstances
  • All adults in a family must have a Polish mobile phone number. You cannot share phone numbers between different adults or families.

How do I access my cash assistance once I’m enrolled?

  • After receiving an appointment, families and individuals will go to a designated cash enrollment point operated by UNHCR or one of its partners where their eligibility for assistance will be assessed.
  • You will be asked to provide information on your family’s situation and will be asked to provide your fingerprints for enrollment in a secure database for assistance (UNHCR is not registering you as a refugee). All eligible family members must come in person to the enrolment point, including children.
  • Immediately after enrolling: You will receive a unique password on your Proof of Enrollment form. Do not share your password with anyone!
  • Up to 7 days after enrollment: You will receive an SMS with a unique BLIK code and the monetary value of your assistance for the first month.
  • You will then have 7 days to withdraw the full amount of your assistance from most ATMs in Poland (Santander Bank, PKO BP, Millenium, BNP Paribas, mBank, ING, SGB, Euronet, Planet Cash). You can only use your BLIK code one time and must withdraw the FULL amount.
  • After 1 month: You will receive a new BLIK code. This will let you withdraw a second payment of equal value. Use your new BLIK code and original password. Follow the same process for the third month.
  • If you change your phone or lose your BLIK code: return to a UNHCR cash enrollment point or call the UNHCR helpline.
  • For technical problems with the ATM or bank, call: 61 85652 66

Why do I need to provide my fingerprints to receive cash assistance from UNHCR?

  • Enrolling your fingerprints helps to protect your unique access to cash assistance and guard against fraud. This is because it is very difficult for someone else to copy your fingerprints and pretend to be you.
  • UNHCR is not collecting your fingerprints as part of any refugee registration or status determination. It is only for humanitarian assistance.
  • All of your information, including your fingerprints, will be stored in a secure UNHCR database.

Does receiving cash assistance require me to stay in Poland?

  • No. You will only be able to access your cash assistance from within Poland, but you are not obligated to stay on Polish territory.

Arrival to Poland

Any person hoping to enter Poland from Ukraine will be allowed to enter

  • You can enter Poland even if you do not have documents
  • If you can, bring your most important documents (passport, birth certificate, medical records)
  • You do not need a COVID test or proof of vaccination to enter, and there is no quarantine
  • You can cross a border by car or on foot.
  • You might be waiting many hours to cross the border – if you can, bring food, water, and blankets
  • Small pets can enter without restrictions. Dogs and cats should have a microchip and vaccination, but officials can waive this requirement at the border
  • After you arrive, you have the option to go to a nearby reception center for help (a bus will be waiting)

Staying in Poland

Anyone leaving Ukraine and any citizens of Ukraine already in Poland can legally stay

  • If you wish to seek international protection in Poland, you have a right to apply separately
  • If you are already in Poland and your residence permit expires, you will be allowed to stay

On the Government of Poland’s dedicated website (, you can find information about:

Accessing Services in Poland

Anyone leaving Ukraine who needs help can go to a reception center or information point

  • You can go to a reception center from the border, or to any information point at railway stations. For a list of reception and information points, visit here.

On the Government of Poland’s dedicated website (, you can find information about:

You can also ask for help or services through the Government of Poland website:

Important Health Resources

  • Emergency number: 112
  • State Emergency Medical Services: 999
  • Police:  997
  • Fire brigade:  998
  • Health-related hotline of the National Health Fund (24/7):  800 190 590
  • Health-related emergency hotline of the Ministry of Health: 800 137 200
  • Psychological emergency hotline (24/7)
    • For children and teenagers: 800 12 12 12
    • For adults:  800 70 2222
  • Polish Red Cross for missing relatives/friends:  22 32 61 210
  • COVID -19 vaccination point: 989

Dedicated services for women

 Centrum Praw Kobiet

Information, general and specialized support for Ukrainian women including women who have experienced gender-based violence (GBV). Phone operators have received basic GBV training, can facilitate referrals to GBV specialists and arrange face-to-face psychological and legal counseling.

  • +48 800 10 77 77 (Ukrainian language), Monday – Friday 10:00-18:00
  • +48 600 070 717 (Polish language), 24 hours / 7 days per week


Hotline for women and adolescents who experience violence including sexual violence. Referrals for psychological, social support, and legal assistance.

  • +48 888 88 79 88 (Ukrainian and Russian languages), Monday – Friday 14:00-17:00
  • +48 888 883 388 (Polish language), Monday – Friday 11:00-19:00


Sexual and reproductive health hotline for ALL.

  • +48 22 635 93 93 (Polish language), Monday – Friday 16:00- 22:00
  • +48 573 185 626 (Ukrainian and Polish languages), Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 17:00-21:00 (For Legal Counseling)

Dedicated services for the LGBTIAQ+ Community

LAMBDA Warsaw 🏳️‍🌈

Shelter for refugees from Ukraine who experience violence or discrimination based on their sexual orientation or gender identity.

Resources in other cities can be found here:

International Protection and Services in Poland

In Poland, the Government (not UNHCR) is responsible for processing international protection claims, recognizing someone as a refugee, and facilitating their integration

International protection (refugee status) applications can be submitted:

  • Directly at the border to Border Guards
  • From within Poland at any time to a Border Guard branch or post

Important Note: once you apply, you must stay in Poland while your claim processes, and you cannot work for 6 months

For more information in accessing international protection in Poland: Accessing International Protection

Relocation to the United States, Canada, or another country

Any person wishing to relocate to another country must directly consult that country’s Embassy websites or information portals about procedures

  • UNHCR does not conduct resettlement out of Poland and cannot help with travel
  • UNHCR in Poland does not conduct refugee status procedures to facilitate relocation

Country-specific Information:

If you feel you are in danger of human trafficking

If you feel you are in danger of human trafficking, call 112, or the La Strada helpline for trafficking: +48 226280120