If a child under 18 enters Norway alone without parents and applies for asylum, the child is called an unaccompanied minor asylum-seeker. An unaccompanied minor asylum-seeker has special rights.
➡️Please read on Asylbarn.no more information on rights for unaccompanied children in Norway.
➡️On UDI.no, you can find out how to apply for asylum as an unaccompanied minor from Ukraine
Unaccompanied minors have the right to get a representative in Norway. A representative is an adult who acts on behalf of the child since their parents are not with them. The representative looks after the unaccompanied minor’s rights in Norway, both legally and financially.
➡️Click here for more information about representatives for unaccompanied minor asylum-seekers.
The representative will help you to:
- Understand the asylum process with the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI)
- Contact the Norwegian authorities
- Ensure you can express your opinion
- Ensure you get proper care and healthcare
- Ensure you get a place to stay/live
- Ensure you are allowed to go to school