What rights do I have in Montenegro?
You will be entitled to:
- Stay in Montenegro;
- Freedom of movement within Montenegro;
- Primary and secondary education;
- Information necessary for your stay and legal counselling in reference to the procedure upon your application for international protection and free legal assistance;
- Free legal aid;
- Work, nine months after lodging the application
- Documents in accordance with this Law;
- Family unity.
What are my duties in Montenegro?
You will be required to:
- Comply with the Constitution, laws and other regulations of Montenegro;
- Cooperate with the state authorities of Montenegro and act upon their orders and instructions;
- Provide the information necessary for establishing the identity and facilitate the taking of photographs and fingerprints, as well as other checks needed to determine identity;
- Undergo a medical examination;
- Comply with the rules of stay and the house rules of the Reception Centre;
- Lodge an application for international protection within the set timeframe
- Respond to the invitation of the Directorate for Asylum for a personal interview and cooperate in the procedure for granting international protection;
- Remain within the territory of Montenegro during the course of the procedure for granting international protection;
- Notify the Ministry of any change of address within three days; and
- Comply with the Ministry’s orders and measures on the restriction of freedom of movement.