What rights do I have if I am granted protection in Montenegro?
If you are granted protection in Montenegro, you will be entitled to:
- Stay in Montenegro;
- Accommodation and financial support;
- Free legal aid;
- Social protection;
- Family reunification;
- Assistance with integration into society in the period of up to three years after the decision on approval of international protection;
- Sign up for courses in the Montenegrin language, history and culture;
- Own a property;
- Documents in accordance with the law;
- Acquisition of Montenegrin nationality.
What are my duties?
If you are granted protection in Montenegro, you will be required to:
- Observe the Constitution, laws and other regulations of Montenegro;
- Report the address where you are staying, within 15 days of receipt of the decision granting international protection;
- Have your personal ID with you and present it for inspection to the authorized persons.