As a refugee or a beneficiary of subsidiary protection, also as a tolerated status holder, you can spend up to 30 days in the asylum centre after receiving the status decision. After the 30 days expire, the immigration authority (National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing, called “OIF” in Hungarian) gives you a written statement indicating that you must leave the camp.
During these 30 days, among other tasks – such as obtaining necessary ID, health insurance and tax documents – you will need to find housing opportunities. Social workers of the centre should be of assistance in this.
The below organizations can possibly provide support or advice in finding accommodation/housing or shelter opportunities:
- Menedék Association – at their site in English or email at [email protected].
- Lutheran Diaconia – you can email Andrási Júlia, social worker at [email protected],,
- Baptist Integration Centre – you can email them at [email protected] or call this number: +36 1 4665978,
- Oltalom Foundation – you can email them at [email protected] or call: +36 1 210 5400, (then typing or asking for extension 201) or visit this site in English,
- Jesuit Refugee Service – email at [email protected], or call +36 30 198 8929 (Monday-Friday between 9.00-17.00)
- Kalunba Charity – you can email them at [email protected]