Are you under 18?

Are you under 18? If you are, this page is for you! You will find information about services for children and young people who have had to leave their home country and are now in Iran.

I’m under 18, am I allowed to contact UNHCR? 👧🏽👦🏽

Yes, you are! 😊 If you need information or support from UNHCR, you can contact us by email 📧 or through a hotline 📞. It’s a good idea to talk to your parents or a trusted adult first, but you can also contact us on your own. Make sure you tell us your name, age, and your phone 📞/whatsapp number or email address @, or any other way to get in touch with you. It’s also a good idea to tell us the names of your parents if they are in Iran 🇮🇷 with you. If you are not with your parents, you can also tell us that.

➡️ Find how to contact UNHCR in Iran 📞 💻🏢📱

I’m staying in Iran without my parents. Can UNHCR help me find them or other people in my family? 🔍 👶🏽👧🏽👦🏽👩🏽👱🏽‍♂️👩🏽‍🦳👨🏽‍🦳

It’s not always easy or possible to find people who are missing, or to get families back together, but children have a right to be with their parents and family. If you are not with your parents, it’s a good idea to let us know so that we can help you stay safe in Iran. We can also try to help you find them and get in touch with them.  

➡️ Contact UNHCR in Iran for more information 📞 💻 🏢 📱

My parents or other family members are living in another country. Can UNHCR help me to join them there? 🌍✈️👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Governments of other countries all have different rules and ways of working to help families get back together. Your parents or your relatives in those countries should get in touch with the governments where they are in order to start the process. You can find out more by looking at the ‘Family Reunification’ page and you can send the link to that page to your parents or relatives.

➡️ Family Reunification

I am not going to school right now, but I would like to. How can I get help to go to school? 🏫📚

Every child has a right to go to school. You do not need any documents âŒðŸ“„ and you do not have to pay extra âŒðŸ’µ compared to Iranian children. If you are not going to school right now, the first thing you need to do is get registered ðŸ“‹for school. You might have to wait for a specific time of year to register📆.  

If you and your family have an Amayesh or Hoviat card or another document (ask your parents or whoever is looking after you if you are not sure), you need to go to the nearest school to where you live and register there.  

If you don’t have one of those cards or other documents, go to the nearest Kefalat centre ðŸ«. Sadly the deadline registration for this year already closed but you can find out more when there are updates on this page.

If you need more information or assistance you can get in touch with UNHCR directly📞 📧 📱🏢. 

Someone has hurt me, or I am afraid that they will. What should I do? 

No one has the right to abuse, neglect or mistreat any child – not even their parents, relatives or teachers. If someone has hurt you or touched you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, or if you are afraid that someone will, there are organisations that can help you. If you contact UNHCR, we will do our best to help you. You can also call the Iran State Welfare Organization, which is in charge of protecting children. It has a Social Emergency Hotline (123) where you can report what is happening to you. 

Contact the Iran State Welfare Organization: Dial 123 on your phone ðŸ“±ðŸ“ž

Someone is holding me prisoner, and they won’t let me go unless I pay them, work for them or do other things for them that I don’t want to do. What should I do? 

It is illegal for someone to hold you prisoner or control you and ask for money, work or services from you against your will. If you are in this situation, please contact UNHCR for more information and help .

➡️ Contact UNHCR in Iran 📞 💻 🏢 📱 

Related information

<< Back to Iran homepage
>> Select another country on our Help page