Every child has a right to go to school. Making sure that all children have access to education is at the heart of UNHCR’s mandate. In 2015, Iran began allowing all children of school age to attend primary and secondary school regardless of their documentation status and without having to pay additional fees.
It is important to ensure that you register any non-Iranian child within your care in a timely manner, to ensure they get a place in school in the next academic year, starting in September.
If the child holds a valid document (Amayesh or Hoviat card, valid Laissez-Passer or passport with a valid Iranian visa), please approach the school closest to your place of residence, before 16 June 2021. If the child does not currently hold any valid document, please approach your nearest Kefalat centre, before 16 July 2021.
A list of all Kefalat centers in the country along with their addresses can be found via the YJC website.
For additional information or assistance, please contact UNHCR via our hotlines or by email at [email protected].
- Tehran (Alborz, Ardebil, East Azerbaijan, Esfahan, Gilan, Hamedan, Kermanshah, Kurdistan, Markazi, Mazandaran, Qazvin, Qom, Semnan, Tehran, West Azerbaijan, Zanjan provinces) – 021- 88212520 – Sunday to Thursday from 8:30 to 15:30
- Esfahan (Esfahan province) – 031-3444 2841 – Sunday to Wednesday from 08:30 to 15:30
- Shiraz (Fars, Bushehr, Khuzestan, Ilam and Lorestan provinces) – 071-37229692 and 071-37236014 – Sunday to Wednesday from 8:30 to 15:30
- Kerman (Kerman, Yazd, Sistan & Baluchestan and Hormozgan provinces) – 034-32476851 and 034-32476850 – Sunday to Wednesday from 8:30 to 15:30
- Mashhad (Khorasan Razavi, South Khorasan, North Khorasan and Golestan provinces) – 051-37685641 – Sunday to Wednesday from 09:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 16:00