1. Information on UNHCR’s multi-purpose cash (MPC) assistance programme
UNHCR is conducting a collection of data for enrolment in its assistance programmes including a multi-purpose cash (MPC) assistance programme to support the population affected by the military actions to meet their immediate basic needs, including temporary accommodation, food and hygiene items.
2. Targeting criteria
To ensure that available resources reach those who need it the most, UNHCR Ukraine will apply socio-economic vulnerability criteria targeting those most likely to need assistance to meet their basic needs.
The targeting and socio-economic vulnerability criteria include:
1. Persons or families who belong to one of the following target groups:
- IDPs as of 24 February 2022;
- Conflict-affected population as of 24 February 2022 in areas close to the active conflict (Dnipro, Poltava, Odessa, Zaporizhzhia, Kirovograd, Cherkasy, Kharkiv, Chernihiv, Sumska oblasts);
- Returnees i.e. those who had to move from their regions of origin but eventually returned there.
- Who meet one or more of the following vulnerability criteria::
- Single headed households with at least 1 child under 18 years of age or older family members (over 55 years of age);
- Elderly headed household (i.e. composed of one or more individuals >55 years old or a person over 55 years of age responsible for at least one child <18 years old);
- Households with one or more persons with specific needs (disability, chronic illness, etc);
- Foster families caring for UASC (documented).
- Are not enrolled with UNHCR and have not received cash assistance from other organizations.
Eligible persons of concern should also meet socio-economic criteria earning less than 5,400 UAH per person (family member) per month.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have received financial assistance of UAH 2,220/person/month from another UN agency/humanitarian organization, you will not be eligible for UNHCR financial assistance during the same period. This is the same type of assistance provided by different agencies and humanitarian organizations are coordinating to ensure that families/individuals cannot receive assistance multiple times or from different partners.
For IDPs who were already enrolled but have not yet received their assistance, they will receive their payments on the condition that they have not benefited from MPC assistance from another organization.
3. Enrollment modality
Persons of concern will be interviewed by UNHCR partners in the enrolment centers (addresses below) to ensure that they meet the vulnerability criteria above.
Only if the person/family meets vulnerability criteria, they will be referred for enrolment in the cash assistance programme. During the enrolment, the data collection process will be conducted by UNHCR partner organization CF Right to Protection.
Those persons of concern who do not meet the vulnerability criteria for MPC will be informed already after the initial interview in the enrolment center by a relevant staff member.
Even if they are not eligible for MPC, all persons of concern can access UNHCR protection services available in the enrolment center including legal and psychosocial assistance free of charge.
If the household/person meets MPC vulnerability criteria, it/he/she will be referred for enrolment that envisages the collection of the personal data on each member of the household.
A household is limited to the following members:
- the focal point
- his/her spouse
- he/her children (up to 23 years old)
- his/her parent
*his/her grandparents only if they are dependent, otherwise will be registered separately.
Other individuals who are not part of the list above should be member of another household even if they live together.
All members of the household should be present during the enrolment. In case a member of the family cannot come to the enrolment center due to limited mobility, the case will be referred to the remote enrolment organized by the partner.
The documents to be presented during the enrolment interview for each member of the household include:
- tax ID number;
- national passport or other ID documents to get a correct spelling of your name;
- IDP certificate (when available);
- bank card of the focal point (i.e. registration focal person/principal applicant); The bank account must be in local currency (UAH);
- birth certificate of your children;
- legal guardianship or other official custody document that clarify the relationship with the children, when applicable;
- medical report in case of disability or disease that affecting your access to services, when applicable.
|PLEASE NOTE: We do not need your CCV code. It should not be requested by the enumerators.|
All information provided is confidential and will be recorded in the UNHCR database. While providing your personal data, you are giving consent to share some of the data with the Financial Service Provider for the purpose of receiving financial assistance.
4. Amount of assistance provided through MPC
The transfer amount should cover 100% of the income gap based on the actual subsistence level projected for April 2022. Thus, the transfer value is UAH 2,220 per family member per month for a 3-months period.
5. Program coverage
Enrolment based on the new vulnerability criteria will be available in the following regions – in coordination with government and humanitarian partners:
- Lviv region
Address: Lviv city, 45, Stryiska str., premises of the furniture store “Bristol”
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 18:00
Telegram channel: https://t.me/Registration_help
- Cherkasy region
Address: Cherkasy city, 6/1 Lazareva str, behind the “Optima” hotel, transport stop – “Soborna Ploshcha”
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30
- Kirovograd region
Address: Kropyvnytskyi city, 31a Pashutynska str, premises near Center of Administrative Services
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 18:00
- Poltava region
Poltava city, 3b Pavlenkivska square
Monday – Friday 08:30-17:30
Kremenchuk city, 7 Vatutina str.
Monday – Friday 10:00 – 17:00
- Dnipropetrovsk region
Address: Dnipro city, 38 Starokozatska str., close to the premises of Ukreximbank, entrance from the yard
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 18:00, on Sundays – 09:00 – 16:00
- Zaporizhzhia region
Address: Zaporizhzhia city, 72 Nezalezhnoi Ukrainy str., premises #154, entrance from Mayakovskoho square between CrystalBank and BankCreditDnipro
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Appointment can be made via this number +380633879316 from 09:00
- Zytomyr region
Address: Zhytomyr city, 13, Borysa Liatoshynskoho str.
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00
- Odesa region
Address: Odesa city, 3, Sabanskyi lane
Monday – Friday 10:00 – 19:00
Address: Izmail city, 9 Myru avenue, Izmail State University, room 108
Monday – Friday 10:00 – 19:00
- Chernihiv region
Address: Chernihiv city, 49, Pyatnytska street
Monday – Friday 10:00 – 18:00
- Kharkiv region
- Kyiv region
- Sumy region
- Vinnytsia region
6. Delivery modality
The whole amount for 3 months will be transferred to one member of the household either:
- Through transfers via FinTech Rapyd
You will be notified by the following SMS:
UNHCR sent you <amount> UAH. For more information, please visit: https://bit.ly/3vdWVAX or call 0 800 307 711
PLEASE NOTE: UNHCR does not have affiliation with any bank and does not have any bank partners in Ukraine. UNHCR CASH ASSISTANCE CAN BE TRANSFERRED TO ANY BANK OF UKRAINE at the condition that the bank card number you provide during enrolment belongs to the principal applicant of your family and is in UAH currency. Please make sure your bank card does not have any restrictions in terms of the types of transfers. For those who don’t have a bank account, UNHCR will deliver the assistance through a different method.
- Through Western Union to families without a bank card/account. You will receive an SMS on your phone number with the MTCN code to be used jointly with valid ID certificate (Passport, National ID, other government issued documents) to receive the money in the Western Union department or its partner bank. The addresses of the Western Union are available here.
You can also receive the money in any department of these partner banks:
- Accent Bank (A-Bank)
- Nova Poshta
- Raiffeisen Bank Aval
- Oschadbank (State Savings Bank of Ukraine)
- UkrPost (Ukrposhta)
- Ukrainian Financial Group
- Other banks
- Ibox bank
- JSC “ASVIO BANK”
- ALLIANCE Bank
- Bank Vostok
- Globous Bank
- Grant Bank
- Zemelniy Kapital
- PJSC “Bank for Investments and Savings”
- Lviv Bank
- Bank Pivdenniy
- PJSK “Bank Sich”
- PJSC Ukrainian Capital Bank
- Forward bank
- PJSC “RWS BANK”
- Idea Bank
- Industrial bank
- CIB (Cominbank)
- LLC Financial Company “PROFINEF”
- Kredit Dnipro
- Crystal Bank
- META BANK
- MIB (International Invest Bank)
- Motor Bank
- MTB Bank
- PJSC OKCI BANK
- OTP Bank
- First Investment Bank
- PIRAEUS Bank ICB
- Poltava Bank
- TASCOMBANK JSC
- Ukrainian Construction Investment Bank
- UNEX Bank
- Universal Bank
- Creditwest bank
- FUIB (First Ukrainian International Bank)
7. Cooperation with the Ministry of Social Policy
UNHCR cooperates with the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine according to the joint Memorandum of Understanding in identification and referral of internally displaced and conflict affected pensioners for UNHCR MPC assistance.
The Ministry of Social Policy conducts verification and selection of the beneficiaries from among those who have applied through https://aid.edopomoga.gov.ua/ and refers to UNHCR the lists of persons from among internally displaced and conflict affected pensioners.
People who have already been supported by UNHCR and other humanitarian agencies are removed from the list after a verification conducted internally and with other agencies providing MPC assistance.
The cash assistance is delivered through bank transfers to the personal accounts of the beneficiaries. NOTE: there is no requirement to have any special bank account for this type of assistance. For those who have no bank accounts the assistance will be provided using different modality. The recipients receive SMS-notification once the assistance is transferred to them. More information please see in the section 6 above.
8. Complaint and Response mechanism
Should you have any query regarding UNHCR assistance or you have feedback, suggestion, or complaint with respect to the work of UNHCR and/or its partner staff you can contact UNHCR hotline 0800307711.
UNHCR has zero tolerance to sexual exploitation or sexual abuse. All assistance provided by UNHCR or its partners is free of charge. Confidentially report any misbehavior of the staff on hotline 0800307711 or to UNHCR’s Inspector General – [email protected].
10. Contact details for MPC related requests
UNHCR hotline 0800307711
For information on locations: https://t.me/IDPhelp